No announcement yet.

changing the clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just drop the tranny. its not heavy and you dont need a hoist to get it out. i just jacked the front of my car up about 2 feet and put stands under it and went to work. i held the tranny while a friend undid the bolts and i let it rest on my chest and crawled out. just be sure to support the engine with a jack and wood under the oil pan!
    1993 5 speed FI. 2-5/8" tach, short throw, muffler delete. SOLD
    1993 5 speed FI. A/C! muffler delete, 2-5/8" tach, 5% tint, 14" alum. wheels, JVC head unit, 2 MTX 10" subwoofers. 195K
    2000 Trans Am 6 speed
    1997 HD 1200 sportster
    1986 Honda Rebel 250

Comment

you need about 1 1/2 ft clearance to make it real easy but 1 ft will do you just gotta move the tranny a
      bit more to squeeze it out. Use a pair of jackstands. Lift one side then the other back and forth till you
      get enough height. If you don't have a engine lift just do the tranny only method, as you can lift it back in
      by yourself.
      Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
      - Dennis Grant
      FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

If you drop the tranny only, be sure to remove the stupid plastic guard thing. It'll come out fine without removing it, but when you're bench-pressing it back in and a piece of plastic gets in your way you'll wish you had taken an extra minute before hand.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
        X