2nd gear Pull BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gear Pull BP

Does this look like what a BP pull suppose to look like? Or does it look slower, on flat road, CLUTCH is blowing it haha slipping 3rd and 4th
    Last edited by bondo; 06-13-2013, 09:50 PM.

i kant open that joinie bra
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

right here try this,
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

nice! feels good dont it! e series i assume because of the clutch comment?
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

yeah feels sick! the clutch slipping just sucks tho, makes it feel slow, but I also got header leaks and vacuum leaks so got to fix that. Its weird tho the car felt faster before I rebuilt it? What you think could cause that? thanks and you got any vids on your bp?
          Last edited by bondo; 06-13-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

second gear will only take you to ~55 at arround 6k rpm, third will take you to just over 80 at same rpm. so i'm calling that a 3rd gear pull from the 7200 rpm BP redline.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yeah haha took it to the redline

Comment

get a tach on that sucker!

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

haha I got a monster tach 5" on the dash its just not in the vid, Feening for more power tho gottah go turbo already I think, first trans and clutch upgrade tho, a 6 puck would be nice

Comment

i have one on my phone but havnt got it off yet. your vac lines control your vics so make sure they are hooked up. mine all of a sudden started feeling slowerish at one point then i checked the vac lines going to the vics actuator and it was broke, hooked it back up and felt a difference. if your vics isnt hooked up tie open the vics butterflies, but def hook the vics up when you get a chance if its not

Comment

Originally posted by bondo View Post
                      haha I got a monster tach 5" on the dash its just not in the vid, Feening for more power tho gottah go turbo already I think, first trans and clutch upgrade tho, a 6 puck would be nice
                      you can make over 250 N/A from a BP...

if you upgrade the clutch, no matter what material you choose, make sure you use a sprung hub friction disk. a solid disk will shock the trans more and make it break that much quicker.

Comment

Alright thanks for the info on the friction disk, and how can I make 200hp with a N/A I already got Cp forged piston 9:1, Eagle forged con rods, ARP head and main studs, Cometic head gasket, gates racing timing belt, I could probaly shoot nitrous and it would handle yeah? Also you think If I build the head I could get up in the 200hp range?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                          you can make over 250 N/A from a BP....
                          oh yea cat daddy. the header, straight pipe and underdrive pully makes a good difference. now i gotta do the extake mod

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                            oh yea cat daddy. the header, straight pipe and underdrive pully makes a good difference. now i gotta do the extake mod
                            They sell race cams for these engine right? I thought I saw some before, I think it was TODA racing

Comment

Originally posted by bondo View Post
                              Alright thanks for the info on the friction disk, and how can I make 200hp with a N/A I already got Cp forged piston 9:1, Eagle forged con rods, ARP head and main studs, Cometic head gasket, gates racing timing belt, I could probaly shoot nitrous and it would handle yeah? Also you think If I build the head I could get up in the 200hp range?
                              you need higher compression (11.5:1 or better)... and head work for sure. but as it is, you should be able to handle a 100+ shot, or 20+ psi boost.

i'll tell you this, there;s nothing like taking an engine past 9k, and with the right head mods, you can do it too.

no matter how you reach your power goals, a good port job will be a requirement.

Comment

Working...
                              X