No announcement yet.

2nd gear Pull BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bondo,I was looking at your pics.The one of your timing belt,is the photo strected? Cuz your timing belt looks like its loose? Otherwise looks like you'll be ripping up the island with your BP for sure.:thumbs_up:
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Thats a bummer I had a bunch of choices to pick from for compression but I took the stock 9:1 haha because I taught it would be good for boost. But thats awesome Im glad I can take it to 20psi because that was my goal, I plan on getting into 11's. And for head work a good port, super tech valves and valve seals, maybe some race cams, I know its gonna take more than power to get to 11's but Its a start. Also mega squirt for sure

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        Bondo,I was looking at your pics.The one of your timing belt,is the photo strected? Cuz your timing belt looks like its loose? Otherwise looks like you'll be ripping up the island with your BP for sure.:thumbs_up:
        Was that the picture from when the Valve cover was gold or black? And thanks man! People trip down here that I did this to a festiva haha all my friends have hondas and Im the only guy that rolls around with the blue festiva, but my car got pretty known down here, civics fear my car haha

Comment

and a trans to handle the abuse, the G-series seems to be good for up to 350hp (about 260 lb-ft) before it goes boom.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

haha yeah a G series is a gurentee, and a good LSD would be cherry to, Do you know anyone that makes mounts for a G series to bolt up?

Comment

there's another member her that used to offer to make a crossmember that would allow a bolt in G-series solution. he's from Cali. drawing a blank on his name right now but i know it had g25mr in it.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Hopefully he pops up here haha that would be sick, And do you know if the axles have to be from a 323?

Comment

Most people use the XR2 axle set. There are 3 pieces. The drivers side axle, the half shaft and Passengers side axle.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

This is the person mentioned above along with a link to the part out of his car.
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-with-shipping!!!!!!
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

^ yup he is parting that sucker out.

You can use rio axles too. Easier to find and way cheaper
                      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^ yup he is parting that sucker out.

You can use rio axles too. Easier to find and way cheaper
                        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by bondo View Post
                          Was that the picture from when the Valve cover was gold or black? And thanks man! People trip down here that I did this to a festiva haha all my friends have hondas and Im the only guy that rolls around with the blue festiva, but my car got pretty known down here, civics fear my car haha
                          Gold-
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I wish I had the money for those right now! haha hopefully they dont sell, that would make the G series swap alot easier

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                              Gold-
                              That was before I rebuilt it but I did look at the pic and it does look like its loose but it was a fisheye lens to tho, A timing belt should have how much play?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                                i have one on my phone but havnt got it off yet. your vac lines control your vics so make sure they are hooked up. mine all of a sudden started feeling slowerish at one point then i checked the vac lines going to the vics actuator and it was broke, hooked it back up and felt a difference. if your vics isnt hooked up tie open the vics butterflies, but def hook the vics up when you get a chance if its not
                                Alright Ill definitely check that, Thanks. I just got a new vics solenoid to (really expensive). haha does your accelerate around the same as mine in the vid?

Comment

Working...
                                X