2nd gear Pull BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondo View Post
    Alright Ill definitely check that, Thanks. I just got a new vics solenoid to (really expensive). haha does your accelerate around the same as mine in the vid?
    slightly better but i think thats due to the header and open exhaust. it eats up the rpms pretty decent. plus my clutch grabbs like a mother and i have solid mounts. the only thing that i have going on is wheel spin through first and second and if i dont shift rite sometimes in 3rd but its because of some weaksauce 13" wheels with 175/70 series tires. needs to be upgraded asap
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
      slightly better but i think thats due to the header and open exhaust. it eats up the rpms pretty decent. plus my clutch grabbs like a mother and i have solid mounts. the only thing that i have going on is wheel spin through first and second and if i dont shift rite sometimes in 3rd but its because of some weaksauce 13" wheels with 175/70 series tires. needs to be upgraded asap
      haha sick! I need more power haha, I gotta get a good clutch, are you running the g series trans? Also did you make your mounts?

Comment

yezzir g series. matt (resuwrected) helped me with the mounts. we cut the crossmember and ised the front and back of it as the mounts but we also used the jiant spider mount that came on the egt g series trans
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Is your engine mount solid to? I think Im going to just try weld something up haha

Comment

my engine mount is the only thing that has rubber in it but the other mounts are solid welded angle iron so it doesnt move at all ..... but the disadvantage with that is random bolts comming loose or completely falling off lol

Comment

haha Thats the best, its how you know your cars an animal! Alright I think Ill go same route as you make solid trans mounts than make a engine mount with a new festiva mount

Comment

you can use the no weld method on the top passenger side motor mount

Comment

I wanna BP....:cry_smile:
                  Jack Byrd,
                  1991 Capri
                  1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                  1970 Chev C10
                  1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Working...
                  X