Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Finally intake is all done all the bungs welded. Time to start tuning the megasquirt
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Originally posted by Festiva GTX View Post
    Very nice Festiva body and strong engine. I kinda missed my DOHC 16v 1.3L engine that would screaming 7k between to 7.5k RPM and smoking up the stock size R12 wheels so quick.. Unfortunate it never pass smog test in California and I sold the rare engine DOHC 16v 1.3L to someone in the East of USA. And that was about 10 years ago.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Festiva GTX
    replied
    Very nice Festiva body and strong engine. I kinda missed my DOHC 16v 1.3L engine that would screaming 7k between to 7.5k RPM and smoking up the stock size R12 wheels so quick.. Unfortunate it never pass smog test in California and I sold the rare engine DOHC 16v 1.3L to someone in the East of USA. And that was about 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Festiva GTX; 08-19-2022, 12:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Intake almost done. Waiting for the velocity stack and filter. Megasquirt is going in. I just need to rewire the fuel pump relay to run with the megasquirt
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Thank you Rick. Yes the club that runs the hpde/hsax usually has a good turn around and it is nice to see different vehicles more of the unsual stuff. Well, since i needed more pie cuts and didnt want to wait to place an order decided to make some my self with the help of some friends and they came out better than the ones i ordered. Hopefully intake with a velocity stack will be done before the weekend
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    Thanks for posting your progress. I'm impressed with your energy and from what I have seen in your pictures the quality of your work. Never been to Blackhawk but the photos bring back memories of my rides to Elkhart Lake, Road America. BTW the flicker pictures are excellent. The clarity even when blown up is excellent. Nice to see the diverse selection of racers present at those events. Looking at your first link, picture #5 car #70 I see an AMC Spirit. That's a car that you don't see much nowadays, actually it's one of those that I forgot even existed. The one that has got me stumped is picture #29, the red #70. Is it an Opal? Good to see you are doing well and thanks for keeping this forum alive.

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Order a couple sets of pie cuts to do the intake juat waiting for the bung for the iat sensor
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Wideband its in. Time to make a new intake to get rid of the vaf sensor
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied

quick video of the festiva idling with the tomei cams

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    New cams are in
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    All the parts for the Kia 5 speed swap are finally here
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Well i dont like having my cars down. So sourcing parts asap. Hopefully will have it running in the next couple of weeks. Kia rio trans already pickup. Stage 4 clutch master kit on its way. And rockauto order just has been placed for flywheel, axles and starter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chiquito1228; 07-06-2022, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Idk why pictures look so horrible but here are some links to the pics

Last edited by chiquito1228; 07-05-2022, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Update on the road race festiva build. Midwestern council had a 4th of july weekend event. Decided to attent since last event went well. Festiva did good on the 1st practice sections. But ran into problems on the 2nd practice runs. The spec stage 2 clutch started to slip once it got hot. I guess time to upgrade. Might go with the kia f series trans.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
    Any updates?
    as far as update i made it to blackhawk racetrack for memorial weekend event. Festiva did real good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X