No announcement yet.

Bp swap road race festiva build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job on the air dam. It looks like something I would destroy within a day or two. I may attempt one on my cars but it will not be anywhere as close to the roadway as yours. Thanks for sharing your project with us. It looks like a blast to drive. Where you at in The Land of Lincoln? I always thought the roads back there (Chicago area) were among the worst in the country.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Thank you. Yea Chicago area is not the greatest but I tend to find my self cruising or doing alot of things out of the city now days

Comment

Chicago is a great place and it's where I was born. There's a lot of things I miss but there are a few things I don't. A few things I don't miss : traffic, winters, the worst roads in the country, crazy expensive tax rates, paying crazy money to put license plates on your car and if that wasn't enough most cities and towns in Illinois required you to put a yearly city sticker ($$) on your windshield. I drove a truck back there for 8 years and made more money than I make today. I have been living in New Mexico for over 30 years and I sometimes wonder if I made a wise choice by moving west. I have owned my house outright for 12 years and I don't have a house or a car payment and I'm still broke. Wages are not what they are in Chicago area. Some guys drive a Festiva because they want to. I drive a Festiva because I have to....LoL. At least rusty cars are not an issue out here. My Festivas are not what you would call pristine but they are rust free. Body and under carriage are solid as day one which is a good thing because I'm too broke to buy anything nicer and the reality is they are 100% reliable and get excellent gas mileage and thanks to Brandon the price of gas just keeps on going up. I saw premium at the Chevron at $4.79 today. It would be interesting if we could do some type of reality show among forum members. Something like trading places with another member for a week. I live in your house for a week and you live in my place for a week. I know it's far fetched but it would be interesting. Enjoy that beautiful Festiva and sleep good knowing that you have one of the greatest anti theft, anti car jacking devices money can buy. A Ford Festiva with a 5 speed manual transmission.
        '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
        '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
        '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I think you did the correct move. This city has got so bad with crime and theft. It used to be bad neighborhoods around the city now days the whole city is a crime war zone. So bad that we are numb to the crime. We are that point it doesn't even fazed us anymore. Kind of weird. But I have been trying to convince my self to leave. But like you said wages here are real good. And that is somehow keeping me here

Comment

Living in New Mexico there are many different roads to explore and most any direction will have beautiful scenery and usually very little traffic. When I was driving a truck back in the 90's every other week I would drive to Roswell NM., via Ft Sumner. The road that took me from Ft Sumner back to US 285 was 37 miles. I would leave out of Ft. Sumner at around 7:00am and usually could make the 37 mile stretch back to 285 without seeing a single vehicle. From I-40 to Roswell via US 285 is right around 150 miles. Not much to look at but trains and in the late summer, rainbows. New Mexico is the only place I lived where you can see the entire train from locomotive to the last car and if you like rainbows I have seen many a double rainbow and sometimes triple rainbows coming home from Roswell in late Summer. Actually all the rainbows I have seen in that area are double rainbows. I don't believe I ever saw one in Illinois. If you are up to a nice all day ride here's one for you. Head up to Rockford Illinois and pick up US 20 going west. Last time I ran it which was back in the 80's it was 2 lane highway from Rockford to Dubuque, Iowa and if you go all the way to Iowa you will cross the Mississippi River. Us20 going west from Rockford is full of rolling hills, lots of turns and switchbacks and incredibly beautiful scenery. You will think you are in any state other then Illinois. When I last drove it (rode it Actually) it was lightly traveled and was about the nicest ride you can find in The Land of Lincoln. Back when I was cruising it there was very little between Rockford and Illinois. No major towns, no fast food franchises, just beautiful country with a beautiful 2 lane highway and breathtaking views and I don't use that expression often. I don't know about you but driving all week in the inner city gave me a good excuse to spend a nice summer day putting on 500 miles and giving the car or motorcycle a much needed work out. Peace. And also just a note to the moderator, I realize I have hijacked this thread and should have posted under General Topics non automotive related. Of course I didn't think about that until I typed it up and not sure if I can figure out how to move it. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
              Living in New Mexico there are many different roads to explore and most any direction will have beautiful scenery and usually very little traffic. When I was driving a truck back in the 90's every other week I would drive to Roswell NM., via Ft Sumner. The road that took me from Ft Sumner back to US 285 was 37 miles. I would leave out of Ft. Sumner at around 7:00am and usually could make the 37 mile stretch back to 285 without seeing a single vehicle. From I-40 to Roswell via US 285 is right around 150 miles. Not much to look at but trains and in the late summer, rainbows. New Mexico is the only place I lived where you can see the entire train from locomotive to the last car and if you like rainbows I have seen many a double rainbow and sometimes triple rainbows coming home from Roswell in late Summer. Actually all the rainbows I have seen in that area are double rainbows. I don't believe I ever saw one in Illinois. If you are up to a nice all day ride here's one for you. Head up to Rockford Illinois and pick up US 20 going west. Last time I ran it which was back in the 80's it was 2 lane highway from Rockford to Dubuque, Iowa and if you go all the way to Iowa you will cross the Mississippi River. Us20 going west from Rockford is full of rolling hills, lots of turns and switchbacks and incredibly beautiful scenery. You will think you are in any state other then Illinois. When I last drove it (rode it Actually) it was lightly traveled and was about the nicest ride you can find in The Land of Lincoln. Back when I was cruising it there was very little between Rockford and Illinois. No major towns, no fast food franchises, just beautiful country with a beautiful 2 lane highway and breathtaking views and I don't use that expression often. I don't know about you but driving all week in the inner city gave me a good excuse to spend a nice summer day putting on 500 miles and giving the car or motorcycle a much needed work out. Peace. And also just a note to the moderator, I realize I have hijacked this thread and should have posted under General Topics non automotive related. Of course I didn't think about that until I typed it up and not sure if I can figure out how to move it. Sorry.

I remember that route I think. Trucked in the 90’s too. If it’s the right one, there was a military convoy that disappeared off that route right before our eyes right after they shut down a gas station just outside of Rosewell.
              Fast....Women are fast
              Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                If you are talking about US-20 towards Galena, that is a beautiful ride. The family and I go to that little town few times a year. Scenery is like no other in Illinois. Especially during fall. 71 around starved rock is another road to unwind some stress.

Comment

Some high compression pistons been weighted. Hopefully After finishing other projects(trailblazer and rx7). The bp will be getting a quick lil updates. 01+ Miata pistons. Delta 272 regrinds, mild head porting and skunk manifold with thrrotle body with megasquirt.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Some high compression pistons been weighted. Hopefully After finishing other projects(trailblazer and rx7). The bp will be getting a quick lil updates. 01+ Miata pistons. Delta 272 regrinds, mild head porting and skunk manifold with thrrotle body with megasquirt.

Comment

Megaquirt with iat sensor. Getting rid of the old vaf sensor. Also volvo valve springs came in.

Comment

Cars looking good, you should come down for lakestiva this year . I'll make an official post about it soon but should be 3rd Saturday in May like most years .

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                          Cars looking good, you should come down for lakestiva this year . I'll make an official post about it soon but should be 3rd Saturday in May like most years .
                          Hopefully it would be done by then.

Comment

Volvo valve springs.

Comment

Did you move the engine/trans forward and reinforce the core support? The E series has a hard time holding up to stock BP, if you're trying to push more power than stock it's going to be really hard on the trans, but moving forward/core support mod will help with wheel hop and getting power down better. I'm working on a BP/e for steve right now hoping with mods and proper suspension it'll hold up to daily/maybe some autox. Just using stock E exedy clutch so that it's not too hard on the trans. A fluiddamper crank damper would be a good idea too.

My 2 BP cars are G series, definitely for a dedicated track car.
                              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Skeeters_keeper i did not move the engine foward. Just massage the firewall a bit. For the clutch i have a spec clutch. As of right now the e trans is plenty. The festiva was put together for road racing and street used. I will never dump the clucth or abuse it on the street.

Comment

Working...
                                X