1993 Festiva L progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by batstiva View Post
    Nice work Fred. I'm still trying to get used to the auto seat belts in my 90. Only hung myself a couple of times.:p

Still looks good with the second gen. grill, but I think I like the other one better.
    Thanks, I got annoyed with the auto belts, I'd always get out of the car too soon and they'd hit my in the head or something.. lol :p Yeah, I'm going to put the "open" one back on after I do a little work on it.
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Looks good is that a single or dual core radiator?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

• I would guess dual cause he have an auto tranny

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• ^ Yep
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

• Nice work as usual homie. Im diggin the new radiator. Manual belts and newer interiors dont match as Im sure you know. Good to see progress continue despite the overdue spring weather. Im bulking up on parts for a spring time festiva build blitz. Waiting is the hard part ! Anxiety building !!
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Nice work as usual homie. Im diggin the new radiator. Manual belts and newer interiors dont match as Im sure you know. Good to see progress continue despite the overdue spring weather. Im bulking up on parts for a spring time festiva build blitz. Waiting is the hard part ! Anxiety building !!
              Thanks Marcus! I stole those seats and belts off my 89' since it's not doing anything right now, I really don't care how the interior on this one looks, I just like to have fun driving it, and want to make it more fun to drive. Might get a engine swap this summer Today was warm enough to finally do something so I redid the whole interior as you saw

Comment

• Looking good man! I like the color! Sweet rims too :thumbup:

I have mine stripped out like that too. I originally stripped it to clean everything but I had so much fun driving it I never got around to re-installing it. I removed the auto belts from mine they didn't work right so I just took them out.
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

• im very jealous

love that oem color

Comment

• Looking good! I need to change my seat belts for manual ones too. Are there any aftermarket belts we can use?
                    Oscar

Comment

• they must have some good meth where you live. what a hunk of junk

Comment

• Originally posted by bakerga1969 View Post
                        they must have some good meth where you live. what a hunk of junk
                        ok. I'm done with you.

This is a nice forum. I like it. I don't always like what some folks here do with their cars, but its their cars. I have no right to criticize. And, in my opinion, neither do you. Enjoy the Hole. Thanks for playing.
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• I just found this thread today. Lot's of good work. I get a sense of pride just looking at the pictures.

I was impressed by how much better the plastic rear interior side panels looked after you cleaned them up. What did you use to get such good results. I've used simple green for only minimal improvement.

John Gunn
                          Coronado, CA
                          John Gunn
                          Coronado, CA

Improving anything
                          Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                            Looking good man! I like the color! Sweet rims too :thumbup:

I have mine stripped out like that too. I originally stripped it to clean everything but I had so much fun driving it I never got around to re-installing it. I removed the auto belts from mine they didn't work right so I just took them out.
                            Thank you

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                            im very jealous

love that oem color
                            Thanks

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                            Looking good! I need to change my seat belts for manual ones too. Are there any aftermarket belts we can use?
                            Thanks I'm not sure, I took these off my 89' Festiva.
                            Originally posted by JohnGunn View Post
                            I just found this thread today. Lot's of good work. I get a sense of pride just looking at the pictures.

I was impressed by how much better the plastic rear interior side panels looked after you cleaned them up. What did you use to get such good results. I've used simple green for only minimal improvement.

John Gunn
                            Coronado, CA
                            Thanks I replaced the plastic panels with ones that were in better shape, the original ones were trashed.

Comment

• i just read this entire build and i must say its like the festiva version of my old 323 build.

amazing job.

Comment

Working...
                              X