No announcement yet.

new guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yup. it is a century arms r1a1. i got 6 20 rounds mags and 1 30 rounder for it.
    93 Festiva L White B6T
    99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
    89 Festiva Blue
    91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
    93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
    93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

• FAL up this way is deemed 'restricted' (same category as a handgun) only because most of them are converted autos. Made by Fabrique Nationale Belgium I'm told they're robust and reliable, smooth as silk and shoot like gangbusters. 7.62NATO/308Win is almost as versatile a round as predecessor 30 Sprg. Unfortunately hunting with one up this way is out of the question, as is the concept of wandering in the bush with anything that looks like an AK or an M16.

I'm too old I guess and have been stung by reliability issues of semi-autos (personal experience and decades of heresay) over the past 50 years years and for past 30 years rely entirely on a 3 generation predecessor of the FAL (and the M14 in the US) to do my bidding. I sit in the forest every year with a Lyman peep-sighted model 1896 30USA Springfield cavalry carbine. IMO slickest/smoothest bolt action repeater ever made. If you're a careful student of reloading you can mostly duplicate 308 ballistics in those old long-necked and rimmed cases.

Comment

• ^ Last time I checked FALs are prohib class up here
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

• Originally posted by HondaSlayer View Post
          Just picked this up at the gun show in oaks today lets see if anyone can guess what it is.

Let me know how you like it, been thining about picking one up myself.
          '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

• Originally posted by stefan View Post
            ^ Last time I checked FALs are prohib class up here
            They can't be outright 'prohib's as a buddy of mine that lives in NWT has one and shoots it regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
              So Bert your saying that they are actually entraining the thought.That if you dont pay your tax's they will confiscate/destroy your gun.And nullify your permit? Or your just speaking hypothetical-
              I was being hypothetical but you can see where I was headed. Requiring both a license and registration allows gov't to wave an ever encompassing big stick over you. Democracy is founded upon property rights and the business of prohibitions and confiscation orders circumvent the right to own property. A registered gun in essence belongs to the gov't if they are not required to compensate the owner for making it illegal to own.
              One of my employees had a long history of impaired driving convictions and when he applied for a firearm license (final deadline in Canada was Nov 30 1998) police denied him because of that and then promptly set about trying to seize his possessions. He appealed and went to court and was on pins and needles for a year until Provincial Court awarded him the right to apply for a gun license. For him it felt like Catch-22.

Comment

• @ BUSTIVA. I love it so far. I have wanted one for a while and finally got one. Do your research before you buy though. I have heard a lot of bad things about century arms but they say it is a hit or miss that they will feed and function right. I bought this one because the person said I could bring it back if it didn't work. I got mine for 700 out the door.
                93 Festiva L White B6T
                89 Festiva Blue

Comment

• pt91
                  admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    They can't be outright 'prohib's as a buddy of mine that lives in NWT has one and shoots it regularly.
                    Yeah, I double checked and their prohib. In Canada if you legally owned it before it was banned you got to keep it under different prohib classes. This goes all the way back to full autos. Yes there are joe blows that still legally own full autos in Canada. You get to keep them till you die then the RCMP come for them. The only exception to that is the most recent 12.6 class (sub 4" barrel handguns) - those you can pass down to your family
                    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                    RIP 90LX

Comment

• Originally posted by stefan View Post
                      Yeah, I double checked and their prohib. In Canada if you legally owned it before it was banned you got to keep it under different prohib classes. This goes all the way back to full autos. Yes there are joe blows that still legally own full autos in Canada. You get to keep them till you die then the RCMP come for them. The only exception to that is the most recent 12.6 class (sub 4" barrel handguns) - those you can pass down to your family
                      One of my rifle club members was grand-fathered for a commercial Thompson he'd picked up after the war. He said you could legally hunt with them until sometime in the 50s when other hunters started to complain about bullets raining all around in the bush. Gov't was only too happy to forbid the use of autos for hunting and then in 1978 they pulled the pin on any future ownership. Confiscating all of the autos would have cost a fortune so they prohibited them instead. Now you can't even legally take an auto out of the house because civilian ranges aren't licensed for them. Being grandfathered means the gun no longer has value since selling it intact in this Country is out of the question. There are a few words I wouldn't mind using here to describe this situation but I won't.

Comment

• I figured i would start this thread up again. I am working on a cool project right now and want to share it with all of my festiva and gun loving friends. I am making a 45acp mauser. I have most of it together and test fired it the other day. It is fed by colt 1911 mags. I will post some pictures tomorrow of some of my new guns i have gotten in the last few months. I work at a gun shop now and pretty much get paied in guns so it will be alot of pictures
                        93 Festiva L White B6T
                        89 Festiva Blue

Comment

• I never knew there was such a thing as a baby Ka-bar.
                          I need to get a leather carry harness from My Cold Steel.
                          I will go shopping when I visit Detroit after the weather warms up.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 03-20-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• gun shop jobbanana time
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HondaSlayer View Post
                              I figured i would start this thread up again. I am working on a cool project right now and want to share it with all of my festiva and gun loving friends. I am making a 45acp mauser. I have most of it together and test fired it the other day. It is fed by colt 1911 mags. I will post some pictures tomorrow of some of my new guns i have gotten in the last few months. I work at a gun shop now and pretty much get paied in guns so it will be alot of pictures
                              45 ACP in a rifle action (Mauser)? What would be the purpose of that, unless you were able to install some sort of efficient silencer and use it to knock off cats, raccoons etc in residential backyards? 45 is one of the few rounds that can be sound-suppressed by virtue of the projectiles not exceeding the speed of sound.

Comment

• Suppression is one reason. Other than that it is just because i can. I like oddball stuff. And i think i have a gun addiction.
                                93 Festiva L White B6T
                                89 Festiva Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X