No announcement yet.

new guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see your exuberance, but I'm not sure I would've burned the documents in case they change their mind
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefan View Post
      It is a huge day in Canada, at 12:01 this morning the federal long gun registry was shut down by our Conservative government. Words cannot express how happy I am
      The government will no longer know what/how many guns you own. Purchasing a gun will be as simple as cash& carry.
      if you think they did the same with their documents you are mistaken....
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Guns are so violent and dangerous, no one should ever use guns, they are the reason for so many deaths per year and anyone who owns a gun should be thrown in jail :cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

^^that's more for the ones who cry about any street racing posts

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          if you think they did the same with their documents you are mistaken....
          ACTUALLY, the bill specifically calls for the deletion of the data :cheers:
          89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
          RIP 90LX

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            Guns are so violent and dangerous, no one should ever use guns, they are the reason for so many deaths per year and anyone who owns a gun should be thrown in jail :cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

^^that's more for the ones who cry about any street racing posts
            I think I will be looking for a new mod.....:p
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

ACTUALLY, the bill specifically calls for the deletion of the data :cheers:
              lol...and you think they will comply.....NOOOOOOOOO!!!
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

• :lol: well someone's gotta harass these people :p

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• lol...if you mean gun owners you may be treading on thin ice....lol.
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  I will sleep when I die!

Comment

• wouldn't be the first time :p

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                      lol...and you think they will comply.....NOOOOOOOOO!!!
                      Not sure what your getting at but our current government has been against the registry since it was created by the previous liberal government in the mid nineties.

Bill C-19 which was passed by parliament shuts down the registry and specifically requires the data to be disposed of. The registry was operated by a separate entity, the CFC. They are legally bound to destroy the data, as a bill passed in parliament is law.

But, even if the data were to remain it is useless already, you couldn't get in the door at some gun stores today, guns were flying off the shelves, all without the government knowing. I myself have already sold a gun and ordered two others. The data is useless already, less than 24 hours later.
                      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                      RIP 90LX

Comment

• IS Canada preparing to invade AMERICA!!!, America, time to defend ourselves against our known aggressors to the North, Premptive nuclear strike on the Yukon, their strategic mobilization area!!!
                        Owner of:
                        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                        In progress:
                        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Not sure what your getting at but our current government has been against the registry since it was created by the previous liberal government in the mid nineties.

Bill C-19 which was passed by parliament shuts down the registry and specifically requires the data to be disposed of. The registry was operated by a separate entity, the CFC. They are legally bound to destroy the data, as a bill passed in parliament is law.

But, even if the data were to remain it is useless already, you couldn't get in the door at some gun stores today, guns were flying off the shelves, all without the government knowing. I myself have already sold a gun and ordered two others. The data is useless already, less than 24 hours later.
                          I understand what you are saying but no government is giving up what ever info they have on people. Those files that are supposed to be destroyed have been copied numerous times and entered into data banks that they can access anytime they want. The info may not be entirely accurate in a matter of days but it still tells them who had what up until then and they can use that to project patterns of ownership and such. Not saying they will ever use it, but they will never get rid of it either. Just saying
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          I will sleep when I die!

Comment

• My new gun!

-Donny
                            -1992 Festiva GL
                            B6D/E-series.
                            -1991 GL
                            BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

It is a huge day in Canada, at 12:01 this morning the federal long gun registry was shut down by our Conservative government. Words cannot express how happy I am
                              The government will no longer know what/how many guns you own. Purchasing a gun will be as simple as cash& carry.

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/...406_170908.jpg
                              Congratulations!!!! At last someone in the Commonwealth came to thier sences! But be vigilant the anti-gun people will never give up.
                              Nice pistol! Is it an XD or XDm? What caliber?
                              Last edited by navdoc101; 04-06-2012, 10:25 PM.
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• i plan to take my papers and put one shot thru each one of them with the gun it has on it... then frame it with the shell/brass it was shot with, then hang it in my gun room

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X