numba four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    Gottcha- FYI I'll be pulling my rug in spring,i have bad floor leak on drivers side drool. So when I do I'm gonna "Rust Cure" the floor board top & bottom. And then repaint em. I think I've seen new carpet available on the Bay also.
    New carpet!? One of these days I might do something like that for my Aspire. I am trying to keep the total bill for this car down, so I'm just doing what I think will work best for the cheapest price lol. Most likely this car will be used by my wife as a backup/beater, or I'll sell it to a buddy of mine that has been bugging me about a cheap car for awhile..and I doubt he's gonna want to pay half of what I put in this. He's like my brother though..so I don't mind taking a little bit of a loss on it. These floorboards are pretty rugged, even my parts car Aspire that was all rotted out had good floorpans and stuff. With a little cleaning this should be like new.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Oh, here's a pic of the carpet while I was painting it, its all done now and turned out really nice imo. All the old stains are non existant..
      Attached Files
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
        Got a little bit done..not as much as I wanted though, I had a hard time getting motivated today, its COLD outside lol..

Dash is reinstalled, and the center console is in place so I have a reference when mocking up the seats.

I picked up some seats out of a 1990 Pontiac LeMans, nothing special, but they do lay back almost all the way, and go forward more than a stock seat...the slide is about the same, but they move up and down too! The whole bottom of the seat can be rolled up or down a couple inches with a neat little lever on the front of the seat lol..
        Hmmm Lemans the other Aspire. Would you say the seats are nicer?
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Uhhm, if they were both in mint stock condition, yea...but only because the bottom of the seat moves up and down! it's a third range of motion the aspires and festivas don't have. The fact that they lay back to practically straight is awesome too. The bottom of the seat is only slightly wider, but it's kind of nice. If I had another set to put in my DD I probably would..but I'm kind of hoping one of these days I can get a nice set of heated seats...the problem with most of the modern seats is they're just too big and I don't think I could stuff them in there.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Finally got out of the front interior today, I need seat covers and it should bring the whole interior together. Of course there are flaws, here there..everywhere, but overall I'm pleased with the end result.
            Attached Files
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

The floorboards were pretty dirty, I used dawnwater, and a wire brush on most of it, then shopvac'd it all up. Then I broke out the mean green and a rag. I will probably spray the tub in the back with some rust converter before the seat goes back in.
              Attached Files
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

The rear panels are scratched up, but they're intact, not cracked, and they work. I'm really starting to like this car, hopefully it will run good for me.
                Attached Files
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

:thumbup: soon enough all the neglected aspires will know your address and just show up to your house at will lol
                  -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                  -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Haha, I wish..I'd take as many of these little gems as I could get my hands on!... If my wife would let me. I think I could handle one or two more this year before she has me comitted. I love working on these little cars though, I'd fix/help fix any in need.
                    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

gheck out the general section on the forum at the gem im posting up its aspireguy95 's car
                      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

That's a nice lookin aspire, I didn't even know it existed until a few months after I started my swap. Those.are the first pics I remember seeing of it though.. wonder how fast it is lol..

The newest addition to my garage, my last hydraulic jack came from advance auto and lasted just over a year, it actually died on me when I was trying to lift crustyspire, so it went in with the scrap lol..

My wife got me this from harbor freight, she compared prices everywhere and found what she thought was the best deal. We'll see how long it lasts!! I've had it for about 4 days now, but I've been so.busy with everything else I haven't even had a chance to use it!!! I plan to rectify that first thing in the morning, gonna repack the rear wheel bearings, unseize the ebrake levers I already know need fixed, lube caliper pins and sliders, and put a fresh surface on all the drums, rotors, and pads with some 50grit.
                        Attached Files
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

ive been using my hf jack for 4yrs now no problems, sometimes ill leave the car jacked up by accident over night even lol but its still kickin! 3 tons seems a bit intense :highly_amused:

btw do you have an se cluster you could part with?
                          Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-03-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Good to hear man...I hope this one survives awhile. The scrap car had 3 hydraulic jacks in it from the last 5 years or so, they just don't seem to last long. This time my wife decided to opt for a nicer floor jack

I had so many people telling me they are easy to fix, and they probably just needed bled out, .... They know somebody that fixes them, ... But when prompted to pick it up and take it home somehow the jack/s never left! I don't leave vehicles suspended by a jack anymore, and they're always decompressed with the valve shut off as soon as I'm done, so I don't know how I could be breaking them!
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                              Finally got out of the front interior today, I need seat covers and it should bring the whole interior together. Of course there are flaws, here there..everywhere, but overall I'm pleased with the end result.
                              How do you get those plastic rocker panel kick plates off without snaping the plastic clips. They are a PITA !
                              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Haha, very carefully. No that was a lie, its total luck. Pull straight out at the bottom but.you gotta be standing on your head aNd hold your tongue just right. I have a hard time with breaking clips off the door jamb plastics.
                                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
                                X