No announcement yet.

Pics of my 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 down the road from me for sale. Think the window writing stated $800 but not positive.
    N3WBI3

Comment

All four KYB struts now on; struts and springs painted with Rustoleum. Charged up the A/C. Rides great and blows cold air. So nice for a road trip. John.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Exhaust pipe hanger near the front of the B-pipe rusted off at the weld to the pipe, leaving a hole about the size of a quarter.

Time spent getting the correct connector pipe and two U-clamps, including driving: 20 minutes.
        Time spent getting out the Sawzall and unrolling the 100' extension cord to the house: 5 minutes.
        Time spent making the repair: 2 minutes.
        Cost of parts: $12.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Drove the 323 to the Hermann meet last weekend, the car's first long trip in probably forever. Discovered that the rad cap had a bad seal, so I bought a new one and stuck it on. Also replaced the overflow reservoir cap with a JY Aspire cap. I'm just adding maintenance details now as documentation for John.
          Last edited by TominMO; 07-15-2015, 09:40 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Just ordered upper and lower rad hoses. The ones on there are good but definitely not new; John will be taking a long drive home (~560 miles), so I thought he should have them.
            Last edited by TominMO; 07-17-2015, 11:19 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

post a pic of the engine please
              89 Festiva L Automatic, black ,Bought 6/29/15 ,Not Running!!
              90 Festiva L Stick , Aqua ,Bought , DD
              03 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew cab , White,

Comment

Originally posted by J Daniel Santos View Post
                post a pic of the engine please
                See post #1. I have changed the valve cover, battery, and removed the PS lines and pump/reservoir, otherwise the engine bay looks like in that pic.
                Last edited by TominMO; 07-18-2015, 08:25 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

HA! stupid me sorry, hey quick question could I do a front swap to my 90 festiva? I went to the yunk yard an saw a nice 91 323 and the rotors looked in pretty good conditions an so did the brake pads and the struts looked ok. Ill try to pos a pic

Comment

Well im on ny phone n i cant upload it but here is the url to face book

Last edited by J Daniel Santos; 07-18-2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

For a better response you need to post your question in the correct thread, rather than hijacking someone else's thread. The answer to your question is no, not without changing axles and I'm not sure if the lower ball joints are compatible with the spindles on that Protege. That car is a BG chassis and the only thing that swaps easily is the calipers, but even then you'd need different spindles. I'm not saying the swap is impossible, but it would cost a lot more than doing a simple aspire swap with new rotors in the long run. Pads and rotors are cheap for the aspire.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to Hi Jack, just thought that TominMO would know the answer. Seems like hes very familiar with the Protege and was the best person to ask this question. Again sorry but in a way thank goodness i did because of it you Advancedynamix I now have a GREAT answer! I think I will try it if i still find that Mazda at the junk yard on my next paycheck THANK YOU Advancedynamix.

Comment

Originally posted by J Daniel Santos View Post
                            Sorry didn't mean to Hi Jack, just thought that TominMO would know the answer. Seems like hes very familiar with the Protege and was the best person to ask this question. Again sorry but in a way thank goodness i did because of it you Advancedynamix I now have a GREAT answer! I think I will try it if i still find that Mazda at the junk yard on my next paycheck THANK YOU Advancedynamix.
                            No prob; but no I am not all that up on Proteges, esp. very specific questions like you had.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              I'm just adding maintenance details now as documentation for John.
                              Were you able to get the hyperdrive installed?
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                                Were you able to get the hyperdrive installed?
                                Flux capacitor is on backorder @ Amazon. Considering using a spacetime inverter thrust coil. Should work if I can keep the defrangilators from blowing out.
                                Last edited by TominMO; 07-21-2015, 03:03 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                                X