Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple sq set-up for my ride. it's a Kia Pride, not a Ford Festiva though.

Kia Pride

Cockpit

Hertz ML 28 Tweeter on custom pillar

Hertz ML 165 Midbass on modified door panel

Polk MM1040

Sonus Enigma Amplifiers

Comment

Wow...that looks like it's done up real well!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

figured id post some pics up here since not everyone visits the aspire forum.
        just copied and edited most posts to fit into less posts.

i saw a jeep drive past me while i was walking the other day and all i heard was bass from blocks away and as he drove past me with his windows down that was still all i heard. there were no vocals, mids, or highs, sounded like all he had was some subs it made me and my gf laugh.

not many people go for SQ builds ive only seen 1 in person.
        i like SQ systems because you can turn your volume up and no specific frequency is overwhelming to the others they all play in unison and you can hear every detail distortion free.
        and they get just as loud only every freq is loud not just bass.

put it all together last year. got it imprinted a couple months ago
        cant get it to sound any cleaner. once you hear a properly installed and built and tuned stereo. its like angels singing into your ears.
        and you can never get away from it once you delve into it. stereos just never sound the same again.

some dynamat on the outer shell of sheet metal inside the doors and such and recessed spaces on the trunk and rear quarter panels etc 1st layer

Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

more on the 1st layer

Comment

now for the final layer covering up all the small holes and all the large hole/gaps along the doors and trunk and paneling etc to make an airtight right to help keep sound in and road noise out.

Comment

and heres the final pics of most of the dynamat

Comment

Here's a picture of the dynamat on the hatch and hatch opening below it.

And here's some pics of the dynamat firewall from left to right.

Comment

Infinity
                  Kappa Perfect5.1
                  Component System

RMS Power 100 W

Peak Power Handling 400 watt

Min Frequency Response 80 Hz

Max Frequency Response 23 kHz

Sensitivity 89 dB

Tweeter Size 1 in dome

these pics compared the infinity kappa from my last aspire to the new kappa perfects

TOP fat foam surround and taller excursion

SIDE fat gold plated screw terminals and nice beefy speaker housing

BOTTOM super fat magnet

head unit is cda-9887 so i could utilize the imprint setup.

Sound Tuning
                  - 4 volt pre outs (3)
                  - Subwoofer Level Adjustment
                  - 3-Way or 2-Way Selectable Digital Crossover
                  - 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
                  - 7-Band Graphic or 5-Band Paramteric Equaliser
                  - MediaXpander
                  - IMPRINT Sound Technology:
                  - Audysessy MultEQ XT (Requires KTX-100EQ)

Infinity Kappa Four

•125W RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms
                  •150 watts rms x 4 @ 2 ohms
                  •300W RMS x 2 [bridged[ @ 4 ohms
                  •Variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 hz, 12db per octave)
                  •Bass boost: 0-12 db
                  •Frequency response: 10 hz to 75 khz
                  •Non-stop thermal protection ciruitry
                  •Class-d amplifier design
                  •Differential balanced speaker-and preamp-level inputs
                  •4-gauge power and ground leads
                  •Fuse rating: 40A x 2
                  •7-1/16"W x 1-3/4"H x 13"D

Infinity Kappa One

•mono subwoofer amplifier
                  •500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
                  •variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12dB per octave)
                  •bass boost: 0-12 dB
                  •frequency response: 20-320 Hz
                  •Non-stop Thermal Protection ciruitry
                  •Class-D amplifier design
                  •differential balanced speaker-and preamp-level inputs
                  •4-gauge power and ground leads and a 120-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
                  •fuse rating: 40A x 3
                  •7-1/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 14-9/16"D

Infinity Kappa Subs

i have a stock cargo cover now these are just old pics from when i had to make one

•10" SSI Kappa Series 2 Ohm or 4 Ohm Subwoofer
                  •Power Handling:
                  ◦Peak: 1400 watts
                  ◦RMS: 350 watts
                  •Impedance: Selectable 2 or 4 ohms
                  •Coated glass-fiber woofer cone
                  •Thick rubber surround
                  •Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI) lets you set the subwoofers impedance with the flip of a switch
                  •Cast aluminum basket with voice coil vents
                  •Single voice coil technology
                  •2" Voice coil diameter
                  •Rubber boot surrounds the magnet structure
                  •Frequency response: 25-400 Hz
                  •Sensitivity: 89 dB
                  Last edited by rmoltis; 03-19-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Here's some pics of speaker locations. i chose to keep the mid and tweeter closer together in all locations so that it would make adjusting the time correction easier since i kept the passive crossovers. and angled all the tweets towards the center of the car since the higher frequencies are not very omnidirectional they tend to go where they are pointed.

Front passenger.

Driver front.

Rear channels

Comment

popped the rear speaker covers off. You can see how I used a fat piece of wood. it was to help absorb vibration, and that little speaker is quite heavy thats mounted to it and it's so big it barely fits on the wood mount for clearance to install The panels. I put that black silicone sealant around the outside edges of the speaker to seal it to the wood and also covered thescrews too to prevent rattling loose.

And in this next picture gives a good shot of how I used expanding spray foam between the wood and the plastic on top to help seal the sound into the cabin and keep the sound from the backside of the speaker in the enclosures. And those are 12g wires for little resistance

Comment

Dom_08 nice setup. I love Hertz, I've got 2 4" in my festy, & my son has some in his Tacoma. Where are you located , & were can we get a set of those pillar monted tweeters? Are they perfect fit or do they have to be moded? I see you just joined, Welcome aboard!!!!
                        Last edited by navdoc101; 03-19-2013, 11:52 AM.
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

@rmoltis

nice! you have a full deadening set-up. wish i could that on my set-up, but for now I only have STP deadening on my front doors (forgot which materials were installed, but I think there are about 3 or 4 types) on my door. Straight infinity, nice! I heard a straight Harman set-up from a C-class before, and it sounds great, i bet this is on the same league as they came from the same company. head unit is great as well, are you going to get a processor soon? like the h100 or h800, should help in fine tuning your audio set-up. those magnets are really big!

@navdoc101

thank you sir. I was choosing over SEAS reference or Focals before, but I came across a bargain on these MLKs so I tried it (it would have been a KRX3 set, but someone got ahead of me). It's sort of made of luck, since if i had a midrange speakers i don't know where to put, probably as a sail pods, but i'll still need another amplifier).
                          Anyway, I came from Philippines, and those pillars were the original pillars, the installer just strengthened the pillars then added a fiber mount for the tweeters.

currently running on 3-way full active with time allignment so it was safe for me to mount the tweeters on the ear level, while my midbass is on the doors.

the forum is very interesting, i'm currently looking at mods, maybe this time i'll be able to a rear disks set-up i've been dreaming of with the help from you guys.
                          Last edited by dom_08; 03-19-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I have the ktx-100eq dsp all tuned and setup. I don't think I could get it that good by ear.
                            It's funny because I had bought the h100 before I got my deck and ended getting the 9887 that needed the ktx100 eq so now I have the still new h100 sitting in my closet collecting dust.
                            It's good to see another sq enthusiast your the first I've seen on this forum.
                            I like the clean install. I slacked off in the looks dept in the trunk.
                            Didn't have the tools or the place to do it. But it doesn't effect the sound.
                            Also like the placement of the tweets in the a pillar. Do you get reflections with them being up so high?
                            Also do you run tweets in the rear?
                            Last edited by rmoltis; 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                              I have the ktx-100eq dsp all tuned and setup. I don't think I could get it that good by ear.
                              It's funny because I had bought the h100 before I got my deck and ended getting the 9887 that needed the ktx100 eq so now I have the still new h100 sitting in my closet collecting dust.
                              It's good to see another sq enthusiast your the first I've seen on this forum.
                              I like the clean install. I slacked off in the looks dept in the trunk.
                              Didn't have the tools or the place to do it. But it doesn't effect the sound.
                              Also like the placement of the tweets in the a pillar. Do you get reflections with them being up so high?
                              Also do you run tweets in the rear?
                              ahhhhh i see! I'm not really familiar with Alpine processors but the ktx-100eq looks pretty neat. do you have an iPhone or other smatphones, maybe you could experiment downloading an app for RTA, i used JL Audio app before, but i'm trying this new one, iAnalyzer. It's not the same league as the real deal tools, but it'll get you closer to a good eq setting.

I decided to go sq since i average about 80miles of travel a day, or maybe around 2 hours on the road, and i figured having a loud system for an extended period of time would just hurt my ear. downside is when i have other passengers, they don't get to enjoy the sq sound, very selfish.

i don't have speakers running from the back aside from the 10" Polk MM1040 on a sealed box. as for the reflections, there are some when i checked via turning off one tweeter, but it's that noticeable unless you pay attention to it. i went for a high tweeter placement since the best position for tweeters are ear level (although since my seats are higher than usual, i had to aim the tweets a little higher.

i'm considering placing a set of 3" midrange speakers on the door sails, probably after upgrading to power side mirrors, and if i get to find a matching midrange speaker for my MLK set, or maybe upgrade to a different line, SEAS reference maybe, but that'll mean i'm spending on speakers about the same the amount i got the car for. HAHAHAHA! not to mention i have to replace the mono amp with another 4ch amp (2 ch + bridged to mono) and probably switch to a much more sensitive subwoofer. ok probably those are on my wish list, but not on my priority list. i'm happy with my current set-up. will probably install dynamats/stp/deadening first. maybe asphalt coating for the floor plus new carpet, and then stp/dynamat for the panels.

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                                Dom_08 nice setup. I love Hertz, I've got 2 4" in my festy, & my son has some in his Tacoma. Where are you located , & were can we get a set of those pillar monted tweeters? Are they perfect fit or do they have to be moded? I see you just joined, Welcome aboard!!!!
                                p.s. i can have this copied and send it to you guys (through ernst probably, since I remember he's done shipping before, i have no idea how shipping works at all). but i suggest find a new A-pillars as mine is already worn, so it's not the perfect mould. and then there are different sizes of tweeters so i'm afraid mine might not fit the other tweeters. if your tweets are smaller, then it'll be no problem.

Hertz is a surprising product/brand. not that expensive but it could probably rival the KRX line of focal (focal brand is a very popular brand for car audio here in our country)

Comment

Working...
                                X