Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

short throw shifter done! LOTS of pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you can counter that with more up top and make the transition easier.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

This is what I bought for my new build to fix the throw and height issues.

It is fully adjustable. You can adjust shifter height, and the throw ratio, as well as the orientation of the elbow.

Stainless steel rods and Anodized aluminum elbow, and a brass ball.

$48 bucks on Amazon with Prime shipping, available in the colors shown.
      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
      Feel free to PM me anytime!
      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

So much want!!!

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          So much want!!!
          It really is worth the $48. It is a clone of the K-Tuned shifter, which is $160+.

It is a high quality clone though, has legit Stainless and CNCd aluminum, and includes the shoulder bolt and allen wrench.
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Big question: will a factory knob fit the threads? I'd only get one if I could use my EpCo knobs.

Comment

Big question: will a factory knob fit the threads? I'd only get one if I could use my EpCo knobs.
              Nope, it's for Civic, so M10x1.5. Your Epco is M10x1.25.

Although it wouldn't be too hard to fix. I bought a little threaded adaptor so I can re-drill my custom knob and use it.

M12 external with M10x1.5 internal.

Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

But you can counter that with more up top and make the transition easier.
                True, but that increases the throw, defeating the purpose. Wonder what the sweet spot is?
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post

This is what I bought for my new build to fix the throw and height issues.

It is fully adjustable. You can adjust shifter height, and the throw ratio, as well as the orientation of the elbow.

Stainless steel rods and Anodized aluminum elbow, and a brass ball.

$48 bucks on Amazon with Prime shipping, available in the colors shown.
                  Wow, that is hot. Jack Byrd
                  Jack Byrd,
                  1991 Capri
                  1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                  1970 Chev C10
                  1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

for those interested in a group buy, ive made a feeler thread in the for sale forum...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Squatch, how does the lowest part of the shifter sit in relation to the stock unit? Is it now closer to the exhaust like the Honda unit? Or, because of the raised fulcrum, were you able to retain factory dimensions?

Comment

Squatch, how does the lowest part of the shifter sit in relation to the stock unit? Is it now closer to the exhaust like the Honda unit? Or, because of the raised fulcrum, were you able to retain factory dimensions?
                        its been so long from the last time I looked under my festiva, I can remember if it changed the height / stick out of the shifter from the floor.... IIRC I tried to keep it as close to the same height as stock. I know that I moved the pivot up a huge amount compared to stock so there is lots of clearance for the exhaust. I have a 3 inch on it and its not hanging super low lol....

some info I may need from you guys will be:

1: max amount of stick out from the bottom of the shifter? (exhaust clearance)
                        2: max height I have to work with under a factory auto console from the floor up to the bottom of the console?
                        3: what height do you want the shifter to be from the floor up?
                        4: what thread pitch on the top for the shift knob?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                        X