No announcement yet.

B6 piston options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, I'm a tech at a Toyota dealership. I don't retail for anything, including machine labor.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
      FYI, I'm a tech at a Toyota dealership. I don't retail for anything, including machine labor.
      You shouldn't have said that on here... you have 934921042 new best friends!

lol, in that case, take the block: bore it, deck the head flat, deck the head flat, turn the crank, get a knowledgeable guy to clearance the main/rod bearings, and throw in some Hbeam rods, and aftermarket pistons.

Comment

I think Arty has the winning ticket. For less than $30 a piece for the oversized pistons, plus $52.50 for swaintech's top of the line piston treatment, I should have no issues, with the new rings getting toasted.

Dennis
        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

yuppers! may want to throw your valves into that treatment as well (at least the exhaust valves) they'll see the most heat.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I had thought about that. I would like to find a spare head to port properly this time, and have it ready with all new valves and a nice valve job also, being the one I'm using has over 200k on it. And not to mention the oil issue, my bets are its in the head or valve cover. It never really stopped spitting oil. Even after I removed the vaccum from the catch can and vented it.

Dennis
            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
            X