Twin charged bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    I'm thinking broad powerband from 2,000 (or less) to 7,500 rpm. The VW 1.8t the K03 came off of had its peak torque at like 1,800 rpm. This would be great in my automatic car since it cant stall up to 4,000 rpm or wherever the holset would start bringing power on.
    What if you had just one large turbo, and wrote a program to spray nitrous anywhere between 3 inches of vacuum and 8lbs of boost. Maybe a wet 20 shot. That could be enough to replicate a small turbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
      What if you had just one large turbo, and wrote a program to spray nitrous anywhere between 3 inches of vacuum and 8lbs of boost. Maybe a wet 20 shot. That could be enough to replicate a small turbo.
      Brilliant idea Bryan. With series adjustable hobbs switches, you could fully tune your starting and ending positions

Comment

• I've never cared for a power adder that I have to refill (and pay to do so)

Except maybe water/meth.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          I've never cared for a power adder that I have to refill (and pay to do so)

Except maybe water/meth.
          I gotta agree with this one for sure

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• If I did sequential turbos, if like to place both of them over the transmission, so I shouldn't have to mess with plumbing a turbo like my b3t is now. I don't enjoy it. What liter displacement motors would you guys grab a big and small turbo from if you were doing a b6t sequential?

Comment

• A Saab 9-3 Garrett GT1752 and a super 60 t3 of a turbocoupe in the back. You can always trade that rear turbo for a gt30 later down the road and the front one could be traded with a gt2554r.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-14-2015, 10:39 PM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Dude knows his turbos. FWIW when I posted the Lotus vid and mentioned compound turbos, I meant sequential. And yeah, I think it'd be a much better idea than a turbo and a SC.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Top Right is a gt1752, left is an IHI vj14. The little garrett has a much better waste gate design and is capable of supporting more HP without becoming a restriction, while still spooling very fast on a 1.6L they are also dirt cheap and very common. The turbo below the Vj14 is a Gt2554R (gt28 ) and below that is a GT2860R (Gt28R). The 2860 compressor is a comparable size to the super60 T3.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-15-2015, 05:50 AM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

Top Right is a gt1752, left is an IHI vj14. The little garrett has a much better waste gate design and is capable of supporting more HP without becoming a restriction, while still spooling very fast on a 1.6L they are also dirt cheap and very common. The turbo below the Vj14 is a Gt2554R (gt28 ) and below that is a GT2860R (Gt28R). The 2860 compressor is a comparable size to the super60 T3.
                    So you are not talking about bypassing that small turbo with an external Watergate, or that compressor side of it at all are you. I would think with some decent internal wastegate porting and the small turbo, you could ensure it would bypass the exhaust gas efficiently.

Comment

• That is completely dependant on the Hp goal and how the system is plumbed. If you're shooting for over 300hp then an external gate will be necessary. Under 250 you should be okay as long as you're running good fuel, preferably alcohol or at least water methanol sub system. Between 250 and 300hp is a grey area. If you're doing short bursts you may be fine. If you're planning a trip up to Road America then put an external gate in for sure. You could utilize the internal and external gate to do 2 different jobs. Internal vents through the secondary charger, external vents past the secondary turbo. This will be a fail safe and will regulate both chargers.

Comment

• What about sequential turbo and supercharging? May as well put a 100 wet shot while your at it. Lol

Comment

What about sequential turbo and supercharging? May as well put a 100 wet shot while your at it. Lol
                          I told my co-worker who has a gt350 Shelby that I would make my festiva faster than his car. This has to happen

Comment

• That's really not that hard. You're less likely to beat him with all this complication. A well designed single turbo bp car should be faster than an old Shelby. My practically stock B6t would snack on big block cobras on a road coarse. These cars are so light, you really don't need big numbers to make them fast.

Comment

That's really not that hard. You're less likely to beat him with all this complication. A well designed single turbo bp car should be faster than an old Shelby. My practically stock B6t would snack on big block cobras on a road coarse. These cars are so light, you really don't need big numbers to make them fast.
                              It's not an old Shelby. It's a new one. Coyote engine and tvs supercharger

Comment

• Still, more weight and complication won't make the car faster. A well tuned BP+T positioned as far forward as you can get it and take all the weight you can out of the car. Put some wrankle walls on 'er and learn to launch it. I think we all agree that mid 10's are possible with the right setup.
                                You'll probably want to spend more time and energy replacing the sway bar with drag links, than trying to fit as many power adders as possible under the hood. If you do a BP, don't get a light flywheel and put a good damper on it. Otherwise, you're flirting with disaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X