No announcement yet.

Twin charged bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd really like to get an m112 snout installed on this m90 body. Those m90 snouts are like 8 inches long, I'm hoping when it's all said and done the outlet if the supercharger is spaced perfectly between cylinders 2 and 3. None of this extreme offset stuff that gm did from the factory.

Comment

• 13,000 rpm on a b6? 0_o
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
        I'd really like to get an m112 snout installed on this m90 body. Those m90 snouts are like 8 inches long, I'm hoping when it's all said and done the outlet if the supercharger is spaced perfectly between cylinders 2 and 3. None of this extreme offset stuff that gm did from the factory.
        Are you sure you want a shorter snout? I think you need to do some measuring. I just crawled in the back of the Suburban and looked at your engine and I think it's at LEAST 12 inches from the edge of the crank pulley to the center of ports 2 and 3. I do not have measuring tape with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SIBladerunner View Post
          I generated 164.7 at the wheels on a stock transmission and a N/A B6D from a Capri. It's not that hard when you can spin up the rpms. Proper cams, crank, and flywheel will give you this. You say you have a knack for fab, well shave the flywheel, get the fastest cams and strongest springs for the valves, and shave weight off of the crank. Make it the lightest reciprecating mass you can and you'll generate some serious power. These little engines can really rev up. I had it float the valves at close to 13,000. You'll be amazed. I can't wait to make my next project
          The 165hp I can imagine, and would like to make with mine, but 13k rpm? How in the #¥€$ did you get a b6d to do that? I'm happy when I get a b6ze in a Miata to pull past 7500. Also, past 8 they start shaking the fasteners loose without a better dampener. I would love to have a 13k b6d.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2015, 02:47 AM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            The 165hp I can imagine, and would like to make with mine, but 13k rpm? How in the #¥€$ did you get a b6d to do that? I'm happy when I get a b6ze in a Miata to pull past 7500. Also, past 8 they start shaking the fasteners loose without a better dampener. I would love to have a 13k b6d.
            Could that be remedied with a better balancing, and or a better dampener

Comment

• O wait, you did dampener.

Comment

• Balancing the factory assembly helps a little, a dampener helps more. I wouldn't suggest lightening a factory flywheel unless you have the equipment to perform the necessary harmonic analysis to determine this modification is helping. Light flywheels give the illusion of more hp because they allow for quicker free rev and they don't dampen abrupt fluctuation in TQ as well, so a butt dyno or (even worse) dynojet will show gains.
                The factory intake manifold on the Capri b6d shuts down the party by 6, and the miata b6ze manifold pinches the loaf off a little after 7. I've not tested the mx3 manifold. These engines will pull past 8 with more cam lift and duration, but you are then limited with the factory lifters and overlap doesn't help after you've exceeded the window of the intake and exhaust tune lengths/volumes.
                I'm excited to play with this Capri engine management, because I think it could have more potential than the miata system, but I'm not expecting a 13k rpm tip over. Lol. Not saying this is impossible, but I want the secret to this.

BTW, sorry for going off topic. This conversion should continue in the DOHC B6 thread.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-15-2015, 12:49 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  The factory intake manifold on the Capri b6d shuts down the party by 6, and the miata b6ze manifold pinches the loaf off a little after 7. .
                  Lol

Comment

• Just confirmed it. Snout to outlet center on the M90 is exactly 12 inches. Edge of crankshaft pulley to center B6 exhaust stud is also exactly 12 inches. A stock M90 could not be any more perfect of a snout length for you.

Comment

• The m112 in a m90 is the same overall length. The rotors are longer. You need to make a custom spacer to make up the difference.

Comment

• The snouts should possibly interchange though. He isn't talking about 112 rotors in an m90 case, he was talking about just the drive snout on the complete m90. But I think it's a bad, expensive, and unnecessary idea anyway since the 90 is the perfect length already

Comment

• there. I did something. Lol. Needed room for injectors between head and charger

Comment

• in case you cant tell what i did, i cut the mounting holes off the bottom of the charger in reference to the picture. i calculate roughly 10 inches of space between the head and firewall, and with no bolt holes, its brings the width of the body down to 7 inches. plenty of space. lol. that is if both sides are trimmed. talk about a s.o.b. that sucked on the table saw. I did get it very flush with the side though, the other side won't be that lucky.
                            Last edited by bhearts; 04-15-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Can't say anyone has ever tried the snout alone. You may be right....tho it'd be a shame to hack m112 apart when you can make the hybrid and have a better end result.

Comment

• Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                                Can't say anyone has ever tried the snout alone. You may be right....tho it'd be a shame to hack m112 apart when you can make the hybrid and have a better end result.
                                Doesn't really matter, he is talking about underdriving the M90 anyway so a 112 hybrid would just be even more overkill. And they are expensive last I looked. Cuz rare. The 122s are cheaper and better than 112s anyway. I just finished the install of my old 122 from the twincharged setup onto a Regal I bought. The twincharged car is getting upgraded to the TVS2300. I am going to try and get the Regal on the dyno this next week or two though to get some numbers, should be good. It definitely has a lot more low end grunt now. I need to get the new fuel pump in and turn up the pressure so I can really see what it can do. Since we all like pictures, I will post a few for anyone who cares. Ignore the crappy workmanship and dirty engine bay...it's a $500 car for crying out loud, and I cobbled that together in a hurry with the intention of it being a worst-case, barebones install.

Comment

Working...
                                X