No announcement yet.

Starting my capri dash swap today...wish me luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol..... im in the fiero world too... car fires?... seriously?.... you had to go there... lol my friends 2.2T probe gt burned to the ground cause of a fuel leak... im workin on my 86 gt 3800II swap... lol... and my work comp has caps on all the time... not yelling...lol.... back on subject....
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

I've been debating on swapping the dash for a 323 dash, but i don't have a 323 to get the dash and whatever other parts needed for the swap, maybe one day

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Any new progress on the dash swap?? I was just teasing about the fire-o's. I like them, though about doing a 3800 II swap myself also.

There is alot other swaps i would like to try first. Like a j24 metro or something.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Lol... My roommate has a metro with the 1.3 swift gti motor in it...

Comment

^^ Tell him to squeeze an aerio sx4 awd in there!

Comment

Lol... We were lookin for a j24? Motor for a turbo swap.... But ive been told the 1.3 holds boost quite well...

Comment

I've always wanted to do a simple g16 swap with a dohc gti head and then boost it. A j20/24 with 154 in untouch form sounds alot better then a built gti swap putting down 210-230 maybe.

Comment

kept running into little problems and once it was mocked up in place it looked terrible. its way to round to have a place in a box... so i gave up... im looking into the 323 dash now cause the cluster is more capri sized. or possibly just cut the other festiva dash i have in half and custom mold a cluster housing out of fiber glass

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                    I've always wanted to do a simple g16 swap with a dohc gti head and then boost it. A j20/24 with 154 in untouch form sounds alot better then a built gti swap putting down 210-230 maybe.
                    Built GTi Swap only putting down 210-230? My friend slapped a turbo on his and was making that, built ones pull like 400 from what I ream.

G16 swap isn't simple unless you manage to find an Esteem Transmission, because it wont bolt up to 1.3 trannies.
                    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                      kept running into little problems and once it was mocked up in place it looked terrible. its way to round to have a place in a box... so i gave up... im looking into the 323 dash now cause the cluster is more capri sized. or possibly just cut the other festiva dash i have in half and custom mold a cluster housing out of fiber glass
                      I looked at a 323 (BF 88-89) dash and it looks pretty similar to a festiva dash, you'll probably have better luck with that swap

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                      X