Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel/tire/suspension fitment thread

mods... sticky?

didnt see one of these but i saw a lot of questions asking about wheels fitment.

you can see what looks good and what doesnt, what fits and what wont lol.

post up pics of your car with your and follow this format so we can see how it looks.

rim size: in x in
    offest: et#
    tire size: xxx/xx/rxx
    suspension:
    special modifications:

pictures:

There's info out there. Do a search and you'll find it. Although I do like the idea of having all the info, including rim diameter, width and offset in one place. Most people put one or two but rarely all three.
    Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
      There's info out there. Do a search and you'll find it. Although I do like the idea of having all the info, including rim diameter, width and offset in one place. Most people put one or two but rarely all three.
      ive seen quite a few threads. but its nice to have it all in one spot. and people are rarely listing the combo together.... which is sorta important if you want to go hella flush :headbang:

and if you guys arent into the thread idea.... no problem i understand. mods feel free to edit/delete

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post

rim size: in x in
        offest: et#
        tire size: xxx/xx/rxx
        suspension:
        special modifications:

pictures:

15x6
        5" back space
        195/50/15
        cut springs
        rolled fenders...(no spacers)

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
          15x6
          5" back space
          195/50/15
          cut springs
          rolled fenders...(no spacers)

nice! no rubbing issues?

Comment

^ Very little.....only on large dips.........have clearanced everything in the way

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

rolled fenders?? howd you do that??

Comment

Originally posted by 92festie View Post
                rolled fenders?? howd you do that??
                Fender roller I made.....there is a thread on it somewhere

Here it is http//www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25104

Last edited by jmye1524; 02-11-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

15x6.5
                  38 offset
                  195/50/50
                  coilovers
                  no spacers
                  cut the rear spring pearch and beat the inner lip of the rear fender a tiny bit to clear the outside of the tire...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

13x5.5 (4x100)
                    38mm offset
                    175/75 Kumho's
                    cut stock springs (2 full coils front, 1.5 back)
                    Gr2 shocks
                    Aspire brake swap
                    No spacers
                    Rear tires rub minimally on fender lip when hitting a big bump (rolling the fender lips would fix that)

Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
                      Fender roller I made.....there is a thread on it somewhere

You didn't just rolled the fenders but flared them quite a bit too!
                      Oscar

Comment

rims

15x6
                        38 offset
                        reg suspension
                        fender rolled
                        spacers in back
                        nissan 240sx alloys
                        195/45/r15
                        tiger

Comment

Not that it matters much but my tires are actually 175/70/13 and NOT 175/75/13 like I posted before. Next set will be 185/60/13 and a little fender rolling.
                          Oscar

Comment

Best bet is too find some wheels and post up some pics on here and see what you gotta do the make them fit.. 16's will rub and need to roll fenders alot of work, but looks awesome.. 15's depending on back spacing fit in front and spacers rear no rubbing with mine 195/45/15 i rub in the rear with about 500 lbs of people in the car when i hit bumps. 14's are a safe bet if you want to go bigger and not have issues of course anything small will fit no problems...
                            Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 02-11-2010, 11:01 PM.
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

^ That's not necessarily true. A 13-inch wheel that with RWD offset and maybe 7-inches wide would definitely cause some problems with the fenders. And if the offset is to high (42+) you also have problems with the spring perches (which may be fixed using spacers). You have to find a balance between the wheel width and the offset no matter how big the wheel diameter is. That's why having a list like this helps others.
                              Oscar

Comment

Working...
                              X