No announcement yet.

wheel/tire/suspension fitment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay of course you aren't going to go with a back spaced wheel thats for a rear wheel drive... Stock wheels from diff. cars are a good bet..
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I love that fender roller you made that thing is awesome...
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
        okay of course you aren't going to go with a back spaced wheel thats for a rear wheel drive... Stock wheels from diff. cars are a good bet..
        Well, you could use a rwd wheel offset (let say 0 offset) if the wheel was narrow enough to not rub let the tire rub on the strut or the fender (you also need to consider tire width). Like I said before, it's not just the wheel offset or width or height, it's a combination of factors that need to be right for the wheels to work.

Stock wheels from different cars are a good bet???? Where's the logic to that statement? What would be helpful is if you share what you have on your car now like other people have.
        Oscar

Comment

I am running american racing rims 13 inch, have 185 80 13's on there now want to go with a 13 wide tire but don't know how wide/tall to go with stock set up, any suggestions.

Comment

13" wide?
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by BEASTS'TIVA View Post
              15x6
              38 offset
              reg suspension
              fender rolled
              spacers in back
              nissan 240sx alloys
              195/45/r15
              tiger
              Wow, that car just gave me wood. tiger.:p

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
              13" wide? :shock:
              I'd kind of like to see that. Not sure I would do it, but I'd still like to see it.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by scartigue View Post
                I am running american racing rims 13 inch, have 185 80 13's on there now want to go with a 13 wide tire but don't know how wide/tall to go with stock set up, any suggestions.
                thats pretty dang wide lol

how much backspacing is needed to clear the suspension? im trying to figure out what offset i need to run 7" wide tires

Comment

will jetta mkIII fit on my aspire swap festi with coilovers? they have 195/60/14 on them. fast replies would be great its a craigslist deal and the guy only wants 60 for all 4 of em! they have good tires on them too!
                  Last edited by slacka_6; 03-09-2010, 09:26 AM.
                  IF ONE FESTI IS GOOD THEN TWO IS BETTER!

93 L TEAL ( this winter new paint) full 2.25" exaust w/flowmaster 2 chamber! all black interoir! coil overs and aspire swap in the wings and 14" jetta mk3 alloy wheels! bp+t on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by slacka_6 View Post
                    will jetta mkIII fit on my aspire swap festi with coilovers? they have 195/60/14 on them. fast replies would be great its a craigslist deal and the guy only wants 60 for all 4 of em! they have good tires on them too!
                    For $60 you should just buy them and try. If they're not to your liking sell them
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

The bolt pattern should be the same.
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Anyone know if I will have problems with 15" Xr2 3-spoke wheels with 195/50/15's, beside them being fugly?
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          Anyone know if I will have problems with 15" Xr2 3-spoke wheels with 195/50/15's, beside them being fugly?
                          its the offset that really matters.

Comment

has anyone ever tried some really wide wheels? im looking to pic up a set of sportmax 502's they are 15x8" haha et0. i think the offset will fit

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                              ...they are 15x8" haha et0. i think the offset will fit
                              I really doubt it.
                              Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                                I really doubt it.
                                why

Comment

Working...
                                X