No announcement yet.

wheel/tire/suspension fitment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, an 8"-wide wheel is really closer to 8.5" overall (the 8" is a measurement inside the wheel lip) and with the 0mm offset you would have 4.25" of wheel towards the strut (which shouldn't be a problem) and 4.25" from the hub out. The wheels would stick out a good 2" past the fenders.
    Oscar

Comment

forgive me, i dont know much about tires and all that. what exactly is offset and how is that done? same with spacers. what WOULD fit with no issues on a regular setup? im not ready to do all of the mods but im kinda looking at getting a set of rims to spruce the car up when i get my paint job done hopefully in summer

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
        Well, an 8"-wide wheel is really closer to 8.5" overall (the 8" is a measurement inside the wheel lip) and with the 0mm offset you would have 4.25" of wheel towards the strut (which shouldn't be a problem) and 4.25" from the hub out. The wheels would stick out a good 2" past the fenders.
        im putting fender flares on so that wouldnt be an issue.

Comment

^ Yeah, I meant that they won't work with the stock setup.
          Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
            ^ Yeah, I meant that they won't work with the stock setup.
            legally you mean

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
              forgive me, i dont know much about tires and all that. what exactly is offset and how is that done? same with spacers. what WOULD fit with no issues on a regular setup? im not ready to do all of the mods but im kinda looking at getting a set of rims to spruce the car up when i get my paint job done hopefully in summer
              No issues? A 13" x 5" wheel with a 165/65-13 tire. Yes, such a size exists.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...Potenza%20RE92

Offset is how much from the center the wheel mounting flange is. It's usually measured in millimeters.

Positive offset would mean that more of the rim sticks out away from the car. It's usually stated with a minus ( - ) sign. Like -25MM. In this example, just about 1 inch of the rim width will be toward the outside of the car (toward the fender).

Negative offset would mean that more of the rim is in toward the axle/strut area. Usually listed with a plus ( + ) sign.

The rim/tire combo above is very close to the stock size and is narrow enough to fit well with the typical sub compact wheel (approximately 13" x 5" with a +45 MM offset).

A spacer moves the wheel out away from the car (it goes between the wheel and the hub).
              Last edited by JPT; 03-15-2010, 07:01 PM.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

so your saying the first size listed on that site is what im looking for?

Comment

trying to search that site for some 13's.. what car came with 13s (assuming they carry 13" rims)
                  Last edited by MTec007; 03-15-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

so your saying the first size listed on that site is what im looking for?
                    For absolutely no fitment issues? Yes, that size would work.

There are other sizes that would work too.

If you want to keep the stock rims, another size that would work is 155/80-12. It's slightly taller, but fits fine (it's what's on my car now).

trying to search that site for some 13's.. what car came with 13s (assuming they carry 13" rims)
                    I don't think TireRack carries 13" rims.

Here's a few...

Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

another size available is 175/60/13 slightly wider, and slightly shorter, but better traction.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I am assuming 15/6.5 4x100/114 with a 40 offset will fit.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
                        Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
                        Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
                        >> Photo Album <<

Comment

thats what i have... it may be 6 wide but it may be 6.5 lol... i just cant remember...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

6.5 may work with sasquatch's suggestion but id do more research 6.5 is wide with no mods. someone asked to see 8" wheels earlier silv3rbull3t did id check out his pics i think its the 8th pic down (suspension moded and he said it was still under dampened at that point)
                            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

sorry i forgot to post the link to what i was talking about

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25048 8th pic down
                              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

i just picked up some 15x8" today. it is gonna be a really tight fit. they have 195/55r15s on them

i may be cutting the fenders out to make them fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X