Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coil-overs from mk2-3 golf on festiva write up (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ absolutely will if i get them before you. if you get them first let me know too please im super itching to know, make sure you find the roughest road around to test them (mine is the fricken main st through town, it sucks). btw is that your actual festy in your sig pic?
    Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-31-2011, 11:10 AM.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Oh, no. I wish. I'm not sure who's it is. I found that pic a long time ago. I should probably get that changed.

When I do get the coilovers I won't be able to test them. The engine is out of my car right now and I doubt I'll have the BP in and running by end of April. I'm a complete newb when it comes to mechanics.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
      Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
      Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
      >> Photo Album <<

Comment

^ im not a complete noob but i couldnt do it myself is there anyone in your area that can help these guys are a good group of guys dont be afraid to ask. ill check and see whos available in your area.
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Would it be possible to offset the top hole that you have to drill to add positive camber? It doesn't look like there is enough metal there to drill outwards some more.

I have too much negative camber.
          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Kofkof_00 View Post
            Is there not a coil over kit that is a straight fit?
            These are for Gen 2 Festiva's, but there is a possibility that they MIGHT FIT.

try here, but you might think differently about the price, however, it does have damper adjustment with 32 positions (similar to tein, but not green and no EDFC)

Get top-quality crankshafts, connecting rods, and forged pistons at PPM Racing. Our cutting-edge technology, including CNC machining and computer-aided solid modelling, ensures maximum strength and weight savings. Choose from 2618 or 4032 grade aluminium alloy, with hand de-burred pistons and precision-milled ring grooves for low-drag, lightweight performance. Experience the best in design and manufacturing with PPM Racing.
            Last edited by jawbraeka; 01-23-2013, 10:12 PM.
            Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
            Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km
            City - yet to be determined.

Comment

found this thread...being a vw guy you should go with racelands...rokkors are made to be more stiff and gauged for mostly vr6's so you take all that weight into consideration. theyre pretty much the same cost. and i believe raceland goes lower now. and aslong as you dont slamm it right away they last long. there is also tuning art and rsk coils which you can find on ebay will run you 360 shipped instead of 360 plus shipping for raclands just bought my second festy three days ago and throwing my coils on it in a week btw whats the bolt pattern on this 4x 100 or 108? good luck with your finds

Comment

4x114 for a stock festy, on an Aspire swap, 4x100
                1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                2005 Accord - wife's DD
                2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                X