No announcement yet.

my rear disc brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OD and width should have been the same for the Festy and Capri inner. You should be able to put the disc on the drum spindrle using the Festivas inner bearing and seal because the OD are the same for the inners between Festiva and Capri. (Provided I got the correct part numbers).

Comment

By the way attached are the blueprints for these brackets. The files were created with eMachineShop CAD, there is one file for Festiva which I hope is the correct one, and a couple of different version for Aspire - to be honest I simply do not remember which one was best. Maybe it would help someone.
      Attached Files
      rusEfi - DIY ECU
      93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

That bracket is going underneath the spindle?
        Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
          That bracket is going underneath the spindle?
          Yep.

Stock spindle bolts are getting towards the edge of threads but work fine, only if you would use any camber shims you would need to upgrade your spindle to longer bolts. We've just went with the slightly larger SAE bolts once we've decided to add the shims.
          rusEfi - DIY ECU
          93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

I just has such an awful experience yesterday putting new brake shoes on my car. When the opportunity presents itself to get a whole new rear end(because the bottom of the struts [which are basically blown garbage] are essentially welded in because the bolts were rusted out, I am going to do this upgrade. Drums are not my friend.
            Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

These are made for a mazda 2.. Could fit.. Hard to say without knowing exactly the fit of the caliper, bracket to be fit onto the rear hub spindle or spacing between hub and rim.

Sent from my Y635-L02 using Tapatalk
              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km
              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
              X