Aftermarket Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Rims

I plan on getting some aftermarket rims soon, what are some good sites to look for them? I dont want to spend a fortune on them either. Also theyr for the Aspire swap set-up.
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

craigslist
    91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

google 4x100 find what you want. then search for them cheap/used.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

^^ Thats the ticket. I have found several sets of nice wheels on craigslist for cheap and at local salvage yards. If you can get some 165/45/15" Federal Formosa tires (got mine on ebay) then try to find some 15x6 wheels (lots of OEM wheels are this size, and they are cheap and strong) with around a 38mm offset (usually stamped on the wheel somewhere like ET38 or 38ET ect.) With this tire size the ride is a little rough (especially when the tires are new) but you'll swear you just upgraded everything on your car. The brakes feel better, the steering response is much better and the acceleration is better (these tires are slightly smaller than the 12" tires so the car has a little more pick up). My gas mileage even improved a bit.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Is 40mm offset going to be too much?

Comment

I think the good zone is like 35-42...depending on Wheel width and fender rolling...I think 38-42 is the sweet spot though. And your options are like limitless at the 4x100 pattern. Us still rolling the stock pattern have a harder time finding cool wheels for cheap.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

i found these... http://www.miataturbo.net/miata-part...-azenis-34459/ in the post on there where he is talking about the hubs i got confused, any help guys?

Comment

that's a 4 year old post....

most aftermarket rims come with a 71 or 73mm center bore size. you then get nylon adapter rings that fit in that hole to take up the gap between the bore size and the hub size. this helps center the wheel to the hub and take some load off the studs/lugs.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

will 15 x 7 be too wide to fit in the wheel wells?

Comment

eBay - Discount tire direct - $550 all new rims and tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                      will 15 x 7 be too wide to fit in the wheel wells?
                      I would say that your best bet would be 15x5.5 or 15x6, 35-40 offset. 7" wheels require coilovers (to add depth to the wheel well) and/or flaring your fenders as well as using spacers. Think Mini Cooper for your 15x5.5. Note: the stock alloy wheel is 5.5" wide. Keeping within the 5.5" wide and 21" overall diameter (165/45R15 or 165/50R15 are closest direct-fit tires) will mean that you can use those wheels and retain the full capability in travel, etc. A 6" wide wheel is only half an inch wider than stock, and I would suggest a 35-38 offset for that wheel. If you have the Festiva rear struts, you'll need a 1/4" spacer, but if you find a wheel that is around +40 offset, just buy 4 spacers ($5-7 each) and use those.

EDIT: These ebay wheels are 15x5.5 and have a 4x100 bolt pattern. They're currently $100/ea. You should be able to find these in a junkyard for less than that, though...

Click here to see them on ebay.

In fact, click here to view a google shopping search on 15x5.5 4x110.
                      Last edited by DriverOne; 01-16-2013, 01:40 PM.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

What year mini's are you talking about?

Comment

Re: Aftermarket Rims

'99+. The new body style.
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Those mini cooper wheels don't look bad, i like them
                            Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                            Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                            Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                            WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

XXR 518 (Featherweight Champs) in gold

and in black,

and even machined!

EDIT: STOCK IMAGES, WHEEL ACTUALLY DOES COME 4x100 AND 15x5.5"
                              Last edited by DriverOne; 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X