Aftermarket Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aftermarket Rims

Well how long before 15's get phased out???
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
      We found 185/55/15 to be the closest commonly available size, comparable to the diameter of a 12" tire.
      A 185/55 R15 is 8.9% larger than the stock 12" tire at 23" dia. where the Festiva tire is 21.1". The two sizes (albeit online) closest to the Festiva stock diameter are the 165/50R15 (21.5") and 165/45R15 (20.8"). Hell, since I've bought this car, I've had to buy my tires online. Michelin doesn't even make anything close to what I need. With Federal making both of those sizes, I'm not worried about not being able to get them. They also have a 14" in 165/55R14, at 21.2". I don't waste my time with tire shops. They never give you all the options, just theirs. Ya had me spooked for a minute there!
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
        Wait, no way... There are still a lot of cars on the road with 14" tire sizes out here. Industry is going to force thousands of people to use larger wheels, thus adding weight and making the car take longer to stop? I'm tired of hearing this stuff (fact or not)! Hell, my Saturn uses 14" tires! Now I'm just mad. I'm just trying to get by, but no! Micro cars have to have friggin' Dubs stock now, and so when do I have to take my two mint Festivas to the crusher after I've cut the fenders all to hell trying to keep up? I didn't want to get rid of my Enkeis either, and now I've got to spend yet another thousand just getting rims and tires that aren't phased out!
        I didn't say ALL 14" and smaller tires are going away. My tire guy just told me that size selection will become increasing limited, starting this year.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

What's "limited" when you are talking to a bunch of guys that roll on 12s?
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
            A 185/55 R15 is 8.9% larger than the stock 12" tire at 23" dia. where the Festiva tire is 21.1". The two sizes (albeit online) closest to the Festiva stock diameter are the 165/50R15 (21.5") and 165/45R15 (20.8"). Hell, since I've bought this car, I've had to buy my tires online. Michelin doesn't even make anything close to what I need. With Federal making both of those sizes, I'm not worried about not being able to get them. They also have a 14" in 165/55R14, at 21.2". I don't waste my time with tire shops. They never give you all the options, just theirs. Ya had me spooked for a minute there!
            TIA shows nominal diameter of a 12" tire as 21.76". Yes, I know there are 15" tires closer to that diameter than the 185/55/15s, but my point is that size is the most readily available. I have 27 different tire distributors available to me, to get whatever size I need, but not everyone here has that luxury.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

any size Jim??? could you get 165/65/13? I can't seem to find any at the moment (and you know where I work) and 185/60/13 is getting harder to come by as well.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Man, I wish I had that kind of resource!

Comment

nevermind Jim.... I'm a derp. just found several in alternate sources.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    nevermind Jim.... I'm a derp. just found several in alternate sources.
                    Talk to me about where you found some 185/60-13's. I just got a new set on, but would like to keep my options open for the future!
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

answer comming shortly

Comment

Federal makes 2 models, available from tires-easy .com and group buy tires as well as a Nexen. A Nankang from AVN Motorsports. all are under $60.

Comment

would 196\60r14 be ok?
                          ;
                          www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                          rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                          '92 Festiva L M/T
                          '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

13% too slow on speedometer, going 67mph when it says 60. Stopping distance will increase and fuel economy (city) will decrease.
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Would the 196 even fit?
                              91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                              Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                              Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Aftermarket Rims

Lol I mean 195
                                ;
                                www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                                rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                                '92 Festiva L M/T
                                '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Working...
                                X