This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-4 Just wondering
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Hey guys I finished my setup, just gotta raise it up a little bit because my wheels were scraping lol. The handling is soooo good! I just had a question about all the clunky, squeaky, cracky noises I hear now. I assume not to worry about it but it's pretty constant so I cant help but think about it. Are these noises that I'm hearing normal and not bad?
      92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

• I don't hear any noise after suspension install. Are your rear struts too tight to the body? Or so loose that there bouncing around making noise? I had a light squeak from my rears after installing but I had the drivers side to tight

Comment

• Mine kinda sounds like rubber suishing around in the rear sometimes. I loosened the top nuts some but haven't driven it yet. They didn't seem too tight though. Hope it helps. I can't believe how much better mine handles. Firm but not a harsh ride at all. I think I got 120 lbs in the front and 105's in the rear.
          Last edited by zoe60; 03-14-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fudge View Post
            Hey guys I finished my setup, just gotta raise it up a little bit because my wheels were scraping lol. The handling is soooo good! I just had a question about all the clunky, squeaky, cracky noises I hear now. I assume not to worry about it but it's pretty constant so I cant help but think about it. Are these noises that I'm hearing normal and not bad?
            Where are they coming from?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• in the front it sounds like popping and clicking. I have my rear coilovers more than halfway up and it's still scraping terribly when I turn or accelerate hard. Now I'm thinking these are bad noises. Once I raise my rear suspension all the way up im gonna test it and listen more specifically. But there are definitely a lot of new noises for me.

Comment

• Double check all your bolts, the LCA pinch bolt needs to be tight! and can be the source of popping while turning.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

in the front it sounds like popping and clicking. I have my rear coilovers more than halfway up and it's still scraping terribly when I turn or accelerate hard. Now I'm thinking these are bad noises. Once I raise my rear suspension all the way up im gonna test it and listen more specifically. But there are definitely a lot of new noises for me.
                  Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  Double check all your bolts, the LCA pinch bolt needs to be tight! and can be the source of popping while turning.
                  Yup^ happened to me, also cv shaft could be not in properly?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

in the front it sounds like popping and clicking. I have my rear coilovers more than halfway up and it's still scraping terribly when I turn or accelerate hard. Now I'm thinking these are bad noises. Once I raise my rear suspension all the way up im gonna test it and listen more specifically. But there are definitely a lot of new noises for me.
                    Pictures of everything might help get a better diagnosis. Did you use the Tophat and put a washer on top of it before you bolted it to the Rio Strut mount?
                    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                    sigpic
                    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• I checked my lca pinch bolts and I don't think thats the problem this time! I noticed when I hit even the slightest bump I hear this buckling noise. Also my tires are still scraping when I get over 25mph and I thought it was the rear but now we think its the front. I noticed that my coasting speed has decreased. Like when I'm going downhill and I put in neutral I go slow. It now sounds like my front left tire is hitting something every rotation. Like bump, bump, bump... but I can't see anything that would appear to make this noise. I put the tophat on but not a washer. I'll take pictures when I get home. how many things could possibly go wrong??

Comment

• What size are your wheels and tires? Is the tire or wheel hitting the shock or knuckle?
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          What size are your wheels and tires? Is the tire or wheel hitting the shock or knuckle?
                          my tire size is 175/60/r13. It probably is hitting one of those things, possibly because of the slight camber? I will check as soon as I get home

Comment

my tire size is 175/60/r13. It probably is hitting one of those things, possibly because of the slight camber? I will check as soon as I get home
                            Yeah. You may need wheel spacers.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I got it all fixed! I just needed an alignment and to tighten my coiliver rod nuts more! it was too good to be true!!! I heard my rear driver side making noises so I took it home to check it out. This was the strut my shop installed even though I told them not to -.- it was because the old strut got destroyed and they had to put it in. I was scared they wouldnt do something right. Everything is perfect surprisingly, except they forgot the bumpstop cup! ug!!! what a struggle! they didnt give it back to me with the old strut either! where can I get a bumpstop cup to replace this? I'm riding the struggle bus over here guys!
                              Last edited by fudge; 03-17-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Go back to the shop or get one for what ever strut you used. Assuming you used a mk1 vw shock.

Comment

Working...
                                X