Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used the Afco sleeves on my first set. They offer a 7" long sleeve too iirc. That's a nice option to have.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• The coilovers from hot tunning on ebay are now a bit different. I like them much better now. The lower body is much simpler and heavier duty. The mounting brackets that the bolts go through is now flat and much stronger looking.

If you look back at my original holes i messed them up big time. I was a bit on the drunk side. I have since found out its best to slot the lower hole up a bit (1/4"ish) and the upper hole inward a bit (1/8"ish). This will do 2 things. #1 it will lower the strut on the knuckle by the (1/4"ish) and #2 it will allow you to add in the neg camber.

One issue with the new design is that the upper corner of the mounting tab is quite square. It makes the corner stick out more the i would like. I am running 13" rims and i will have to use a small spacer to clear the strut mounting tab.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Pics please.
        Jack Byrd,
        1991 Capri
        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
        1970 Chev C10
        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
          Pics please.
          20170625_084620.jpg

20170625_084616.jpg

I havr not swapped my springs yet but here is the new coilovers. Also u can sre how i put tape on the body. This allows me to cut only the areas i want to.u can use paint or whatrver u want but for me the tape works best
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• must be quite a recent change, i grabbed a set around 2 weeks ago and they look like this.

hopefully i grabbed the right set lol. This was the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-V...53.m2749.l2649

Comment

• Mine have a build date stamped on them of January of 2017. Looks like you got the last of the old batch maybe!?
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Very nice guys, I would really like to do this so I can lower this baby. Gotta do some work on my Capri first.

Thanks again.
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Is this thread going to get its pictures redone?

Comment

• I can repost them maybe! Tomorrow
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Hit me up on Monday/Tuesday Mike, we are going to knock through it

- Korean Note 4 via Tapatalk -
                      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                      Feel free to PM me anytime!
                      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

• Coilover question

Does this number code mean it's a 150# spring? Is this the spring I'll use for my ultimate suspension setup once I purchase the mk2 struts?
                        Attached Files
                        1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• I'm not sure if it means 150LB or maybe 150kg or something, but it is way too short. You want minimum 10" preferably 12" springs in the front.
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• Ahh gotcha, I thought it looked short compared to the 12"ers in the original post
                            1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• Pictures are fixed! Thread has also been stickied for future reference, it deserves it.
                              Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                              Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                              Feel free to PM me anytime!
                              Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                              Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

• Yay the pictures are back, i'm glad it's finally stickied! Will be very useful for new festiva owners.
                                Dark blue '91 B6t + E series
                                Something new breaks every day

Comment

Working...
                                X