X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler77
    replied
    Hey I just received all my springs and coilover kits I from southwest speed.
    One question I have about the sleeve adjusting nut though.
    How does just the one work by itself? should there be two to lock them in place. It seems that just one would start to unthread or loosen after driving vibrations if a second one wasn’t there to lock in place?
    has this been an issue for anybody

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    An addition to the ultimate street suspension would be the spacers to adjust static droop in the rear. They are now available at the festiva store. See this post if your interested: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...7&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dragonhealer
    replied
    Charlie should chime in, as I don't know if the lengths need to be different.
    with the B3 I would start with 130lb/in front
    And 120lb/in rear for a multi use car.

Leave a comment:

• trbo95
    replied
    First off, thank you to all that have contributed to this. Great info! My apologies if this is not the place to ask this but I'm looking for recommended spring rates for a 1997 Aspire using the Advanced/Ultimate suspension. Multi purpose car with a focus towards track days. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    I have the Festiva Motor Sports Lowering Springs. Can I use these? I am only going to do the front .
    How large in diameter are they? I believe the lowering springs are only meant so the stock struts and not the coilovers

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    I have the Festiva Motor Sports Lowering Springs. Can I use these? I am only going to do the front .

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtMcGurt View Post
    Ok so the rear suspension is about the only thing I haven't done yet (redid rest of car stock in most aspects) I just put on new tires and some 13"wheels 155/80r13 and now when I go over bigger bumps and pothole I hear the right rear scraping the wheel well. Now I want to do the advanced suspension but my question being if I do it will it drop the car too low where the tires will rub. Can I jack up the coilovers to raise the ride height and avoid the problem. Is this a big problem with just simply having worn out stock suspension. Would it be corrected with the modded setup. Also I'm not terribly crazy about going crazy low with the car at most 1.5" and not crazy bout that. Is there any input yall might be able to give such as different spring weights (i.e.-120 , 105 , 150 for the rears) as well as the fronts.
    All the spring rate info should be in the beginning of the thread.
    The Coilovers give you much more space for wheels and tires.
    Have you actually checked where your current tires are rubbing? It's very common for them to actually rub on the stock rear spring perches (not the fender itself). A lot of that depends on what offset your wheels are. 155/80R13 should be nowhere close to rubbing if the offset is correct, even more so if you have rear coilovers (because they are thinner than factory, giving you more room)
    Yes, they are adjustable, you don't need to have it all the way low, it's very usable when adjusted to Max height. You can also gain some height if you flip the Coilover sleeves upside down. There is a second thread for that as well.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DirtMcGurt
    replied
    Ok so the rear suspension is about the only thing I haven't done yet (redid rest of car stock in most aspects) I just put on new tires and some 13"wheels 155/80r13 and now when I go over bigger bumps and pothole I hear the right rear scraping the wheel well. Now I want to do the advanced suspension but my question being if I do it will it drop the car too low where the tires will rub. Can I jack up the coilovers to raise the ride height and avoid the problem. Is this a big problem with just simply having worn out stock suspension. Would it be corrected with the modded setup. Also I'm not terribly crazy about going crazy low with the car at most 1.5" and not crazy bout that. Is there any input yall might be able to give such as different spring weights (i.e.-120 , 105 , 150 for the rears) as well as the fronts.

Leave a comment:

• Petna
    replied
    Love the way list everything. Good job. So are you saying that you paid for a set of coilovers and could only use the fronts. The rears could not even be ajusted?

Leave a comment:

• Dragonhealer
    replied
    There should be about one inch of space before the bump stop comes into play, select or cut as appropriate. If the squeek is because the diameter is too large, it can be reduced with a sander.
    Last edited by Dragonhealer; 09-29-2018, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Here is a video of how i narrowed mine down to fit. One i didnt get narrow enough and silicon spray helped

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• skeeters_keeper
    replied
    The vw bump stops should be sanded to a relatively loose fit inside the spring.

Leave a comment:

• zoe60
    replied
    Throwing this out there- If you have the ultimate suspension and notice a creaking sound in the rear, it is probably the VW bump stops rubbing the springs if you added them of course. I've been listening to that sound for about a year. Just got done removing the bump stops and viola! total quiet back there. Well, quiet as a 30 year old Festy can reasonably be. Hope this helps someone.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Originally posted by pitdroidtech View Post
    I'm not modding mine, just need to replace the stock units. I have the replacements - I assume a spring compressor needed for the fronts to swap the springs over to the new shocks. But couldn't work out from the pictures in the OP if the rears just pop out and if they can be put back and the spring compressed just by jacking up the wheel?
    Yeah, the back can be done by using a jack to lift the rear beam while you guide the strut up into the hole.

Leave a comment:

• pitdroidtech
    replied
    I'm not modding mine, just need to replace the stock units. I have the replacements - I assume a spring compressor needed for the fronts to swap the springs over to the new shocks. But couldn't work out from the pictures in the OP if the rears just pop out and if they can be put back and the spring compressed just by jacking up the wheel?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X