13" slicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13" slicks

Has anyone put 13 inch diameter, wide (7-10") slicks on their 'steve?

I wanna know how wide I can get away with. 4x100 aspire hardware with sawzalled fenders and miata flares
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

I think you could manage a good bit with your cut fenders. I have seen a few Festiva's with what I believe were 13" slicks, but I cannot recall which threads they were in.
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

I run 13" slicks on the advanced suspension with 0 issues.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I had to get a wheel spacer but nothing else to make them fit. I will be trying out the hoosier a7 soon. Im on an older style of hoosier now but i think the size is still the same as the a7
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
          I had to get a wheel spacer but nothing else to make them fit. I will be trying out the hoosier a7 soon. Im on an older style of hoosier now but i think the size is still the same as the a7
          The spacer should be due to the wheel offset more so than the tire choice though

I mean that a better offset would fix the problem. If the tire is too big and rubbing the spring perch, a spacer will fix that of course.
          Last edited by w4rkry; 08-22-2017, 01:29 PM.
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

How to find me:

Comment

Yup the offset issue is exactly the info I'm looking for - mike, what size are your 13s and what tire size is on em?

Comment

If I find a 10" 13 that has the right offset to not require a spacer that'd be ideal! If not, then I'll bump it back to a narrower wheel

Comment

A 10" 13 seems like it will be hard to find. Im not sure what mine are. I bought them used. I think they are sentra wheels.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

There are some super awesome Vintage JDM wheels that pop up every now and then in 13x10, if you are ever willing to drop the cash
                  Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                    A 10" 13 seems like it will be hard to find. Im not sure what mine are. I bought them used. I think they are sentra wheels.
                    They make tons of dirt track style steelies in 13x10
                    Will Samet

How to find me:

Comment

The main question is what size tire do you want to run. The tire will tell you what rim width to run.
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Idk if this is relevant lol. and 13x10 seems super wide to me!

this crx I see at autox has crazy wide wheels/tires and I saw they were 13"

I'm no good source of information but I think 13x10 wouldnt fit unless it had a lot of negative offset.
                        92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

13x7 +25ish is pretty much the widest you're going to fit under stock pulled/rolled fenders.
                          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

I've heard 22x8x13 size slicks talked about before. I'm thinking those fit without modding your fenders.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
                              I've heard 22x8x13 size slicks talked about before. I'm thinking those fit without modding your fenders.
                              I will be trying out a 205 60 13 next. I want to feel the difference for myself between the different sizes. Before i make any changes to the suspension i will cut out the sway bar on my aspire beam. See if taking out some of that stiffness help me any.
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X