No announcement yet.

13" slicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup that crx looks like what I'm goin for. Sounds like 8"wide is probably reasonable. Either 205 or 225 wide, I've heard a 205 on an 8" wide rim is very stiff - good for autocrossing...
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

I was rereading this thread and I have a question about a wheel/tire setup strictly for autocross. I am planning on buying a set of wheels for autox and I am wondering whats best?
      Diameter: 13" 14" 15"?
      Width: 6"? thinner, wider?
      as for tires I have been taught to believe that 165 is best, but everyone at my events says the widest tire I can fit is the best. I guess thats right if I'm running slicks? I was just wondering what width of tire is optimal? My 165/50/15 stretched on 15x7 made my car feel like it had traction issues at my last event. That could have been driver error or a bunch of things but I was not a fan of how slippery my car was.
      This is what I saw that I wanted that made me think of all this. 14x6 wheels that weight 9.3lbs http://www.gomiata.com/kok1tsligr15.html
      They are on craigslist for $375
      92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Fudge- read through this thread. After the first couple posts the rest of it is all about optimal tire width.
        Show your racing trophies, 1/4 mile time slips and discuss other sanctioned racing sessions (includes auto-x, drag racing, 1/8 mile slips, etc)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
          Yup that crx looks like what I'm goin for. Sounds like 8"wide is probably reasonable. Either 205 or 225 wide, I've heard a 205 on an 8" wide rim is very stiff - good for autocrossing...
          I ran my 205 hoosier slicks a few weeks ago on the autocross track. Even with a large burnout at the end of the lap the tires were cold to the touch. Now my 185 wide slicks will get pretty warm/ almost hot. I think 185 is the best bet for the weight of the festy unless you are drag racing then i have no clue.

I still gripped damn good on the 205 but they never got to temp. It was a cold day and then started to rain. SO maybe mid summer they will work but on a not hot day i think the 185 is better.
          1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
          1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
          1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
          19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
            I ran my 205 hoosier slicks a few weeks ago on the autocross track. Even with a large burnout at the end of the lap the tires were cold to the touch. Now my 185 wide slicks will get pretty warm/ almost hot. I think 185 is the best bet for the weight of the festy unless you are drag racing then i have no clue.

I still gripped damn good on the 205 but they never got to temp. It was a cold day and then started to rain. SO maybe mid summer they will work but on a not hot day i think the 185 is better.
            Mike, are you running A7s?
            1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Working...
            X