No announcement yet.

time for paint and bodywork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's going to get tight once you add the tanks and plumbing! Either way- THAT ROCKS!

Comment

• It's still a money pit and space waster. I'm living on value brand cheerios and pb+j so I can buy parts. There's 2 bikes and 2 or 4 cars that I need to paint but can't till this is out of the garage.

The plan is to trim the bumper supports back another 2 inches or so. Then were going to try to bend and weld a tube to them so I still have some support in front. With the intercooler angled like it is in that pic it should hopefully fit. It's a tdi passat core that I got out of a dumpster for free. Just had busted plastic end tanks and was twisted alittle.
      Last edited by shorestiva; 03-24-2010, 12:02 PM.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

Comment

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
          It's still a money pit and space waster. I'm living on value brand cheerios and pb+j so I can buy parts.
          I've been in that mode all winter man... I feel you there.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Well I have pics of the cooler mounted and the bumper on but... I think the hard drive on my laptop is f'd and I can't upload from my phone. So I'll try to when my roommate comes home.

Way too many cars

Comment

• thanks slacka_6
              Last edited by shorestiva; 04-01-2010, 08:46 PM.

Way too many cars

Comment

• I really enjoy your updates. Rootin' for ya!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• thats awesome i was happy when i got my intercooler in, i thought it was a tight squeeze with mine lol... the whole front is inetercooler.... thats crazy, i love it
                  Last edited by sasquatch; 04-02-2010, 12:37 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Holy Giant Intercooler Batman!!

That looks great, your doing a really clean job with this, great job
                    It's not the size that counts....It's how you use it.

90 L 5spd- BP project
                    90 L auto-rusted out and wrecked used as a parts shed
                    89 LX auto- sold to a friend
                    89 L 4spd- Gave to cousin as a first car

95 Honda Civic EX
                    99 Jeep Cherokee SE
                    07 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
                    07 GSX-R 600 K7

Comment

• that intercooler is sooo sick! haha, nice build!
                      -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
                      -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

Comment

• nice job guy looks really sharp
                        wondering r u going to paint the bumpers or leave them black
                        the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                        \/\_____________FORD
                        FOREVER

Comment

• no prob dude! glad i could help! now my car whistles when i go down the road! lol lookin good!
                          IF ONE FESTI IS GOOD THEN TWO IS BETTER!

93 L TEAL ( this winter new paint) full 2.25" exaust w/flowmaster 2 chamber! all black interoir! coil overs and aspire swap in the wings and 14" jetta mk3 alloy wheels! bp+t on the way!

Comment

• Planning on painting them black. Aqua stivas don't look that great with body color bumpers imo.

Way too many cars

Comment

• :headbang: intercooler piping is done :evil2:

Also finished wiring (i hope)

and put one fender on

Way too many cars

Comment

• What turbo are you running? With that big of an intercooler you have to have an equally big turbo.
                                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X