time for paint and bodywork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump wasnt as bad as I thought it would be

plugs definitely need to be replaced though.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Those plugs look as beat to hell as mine do lol.

Comment

• Well it looks like its gonna need a rebuild. It's reading between 80 and 120 on the compression check. I'm gonna try to do a leak down test on it tomorrow and see what I blew up. It has plenty of fuel pressure too its around 60psi when in boost.
        Last edited by shorestiva; 06-20-2010, 08:01 PM.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
          Well it looks like its gonna need a rebuild. It's reading between 80 and 120 on the compression check.
          What? That sucks. Is it smoking or just running like crap?

Comment

• Not smoking just running like crap. Leak down test shows 20% on 1,3, and 4. You can hear and feel air coming out the oil cap. #2 is at 70% and its coming out the exhaust. I pulled the head and there's nothing obviously wrong with the valves.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Any updates...

Comment

• Heads f'd and I don't have any money. Dunno when itll be running again.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Ported the wastegate so I can run less than 22psi.

One of the exhaust valves isn't sealing on #2. I tried to reseat it but it wouldnt seal so I tried another valve but It doesn't want seal too. Also when I was taking the valve out I gouged up the lifter bore so I think the lifter is sticking. I have another head sitting here that I started polishing the exhaust ports on. The plan right now is to finish that head and put oversized valves in. I need to come up with some money first though.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Thats odd, cyls 1 and 4 look like they were taking more abuse, but then again 2 and 3 are black looking from misfire, 2 from the bad exh valve leaking compression.

Is the valve seat cracked or valve bent or what? lap the valve and see if it makes a clean seat maybe? can the gouge in the lifter bore be cleaned up with emery cloth or something?

Comment

• Maybe cracked seat. I lapped the valves and they look like theyre seating but it still leaks.
                      Ive tried cleaning it up but I didn't notice till I had the head back on and cant really get at it with the valve spring in. Im just fed up with it at the moment and tired of fixing this head Ive had it off 5-6 times.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Well all I can say is keep at it. Your car will dish out some serious well deserved *** whoopin when you get it back together. There are some a/c parts I need that you may have. That $ could help fund a new head job....

Comment

• hu, hu.... head job....
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• dont give up,your car and resuwrecked cars are 2 of my favorites so far. my computer wallpaper is the front shot of ur car,im looking at fitting a intercooler just like it when i can find a decent bp.

Comment

• keep at it man! fast festys are awesome! on youtube i saw a guy in a turbo festy destroy a guy in a hoped up new G8 in the 1/4 mile that was awsome! 3000 bucks vs 30000+ and 3000 wins is always coool!
                              IF ONE FESTI IS GOOD THEN TWO IS BETTER!

93 L TEAL ( this winter new paint) full 2.25" exaust w/flowmaster 2 chamber! all black interoir! coil overs and aspire swap in the wings and 14" jetta mk3 alloy wheels! bp+t on the way!

Comment

• Still messing with it. Ive been working alot of side jobs so I havent had that much free time to work on it. Made some money though. Also I figured while I had it apart again id hook up a bunch of extras to the ecu. Well thats turned into a giant clusterf***. Might be able to try to start it this weekend and see if the heads still messed up.

Way too many cars

Comment

Working...
                                X