No announcement yet.

time for paint and bodywork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well trans is sitting on bench ready for tear down. Well see what wrong with it tomorrow.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Bolt came out of the shift rod and it jammed in gear.

Loctited it and put the trans back together. Might have the motor back in tomorrow depends on how much wiring I decide to add in.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Ah that sucks. Lucky it was something stupid. I'm glad you got it straight.
        I had something similar after swapping the bp into my second car. Went through the gears with the car running after first startup, still on jackstands. Went into 3rd and wouldn't come out. This is what I found.

Comment

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
          Its going to stay aqua with a gray hood unless I see a color scheme I like better. The garage was my grandfathers but he passed away earlier this year so hopefully my dad will be able to buy it. The red conquest is my dads. We just got it running after I seized the motor in it 3 years ago.

Sorry if these are too big

how did you get that overhead exhaust? was it custom or did you swap it from another engine and if so what car?
          Parker

Comment

• Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post

What is that? Looks like a speedo gear.

Overhead exhaust?

Well its running again. I noticed that the ecu was still set on fixed 10 btdc timing. Turned that off and it seems to run alittle worse at part throttle but maybe spools faster. I also tried to straighten up the alignment while I had it apart. Its still unbelievably twitchy when it spools though. Once I get that straightened out ill take some vids of it.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Just took it out again. I clicked the rear shocks up to full stiff and that seems to help. Its still scary in 4th though. Also It definitely does not like this ignition map its missing and just running horrible at part throttle.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Tried a different map still doesnt seem right at part throttle in boost. Took my buddy for a ride and if my calculations are correct I let off at 156 :shock::silent:

Way too many cars

Comment

• Sounds like fun with a twitchy front end.

Comment

• Can't imagine a Festiva at 156!!
                    1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                    1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                    1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                    1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                    1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                    1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                    1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

• wait, you brought your festiva up to 156 mph?? jeezzz
                      -Josh R

Comment

• Its not that bad in 5th just when it spools in 3rd and 4th. I didn't think it was that fast I just let off when I got scared.

It started running horrible on the way home today. It kept upping the pulse width and almost maxed out the injector duty cycle. I think that as the gas tank empties fuel pressure drops. Might switch to a fuel cell.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                          I think that as the gas tank empties fuel pressure drops. Might switch to a fuel cell.
                          ???WTF??? No. If fuel is available to the pump inlet, flow will remain constant, and pressure will only change if the restriction AFTER the pump (lines, hoses, injectors, etc.) also changes. Remember, pressure is opposition to flow. If pressure is dropping, then look for a leak, or a weak pump. If flow is dropping, look for a clog at the inlet, or a weak pump. Verify your voltage drop across the pump also, as low voltage will cause the same issues.
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• Probly all of the junk in the tank clogging it or the pump giving out its been in there for about 6 years. Im just looking for an excuse to justify a fuel cell.:grin:

Way too many cars

Comment

• ah, well, that's a different story! Yup, better switch to cell, since that tank is no good anymore!!! :mrgreen:
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• Ive got too much time on my hands at work. I got thinking about just putting a stock pump in the tank and making a surge tank. Then running the external 255lph pump I have. The only problem I have with this is that most race series say that all fuel pumps must be separated by a bulkhead or metal. And on a festiva theres not much room under the floor so im not shure where I would mount it. I was thinking I could make a box or a cover for the spare tire well or just cut it out and box it. Anybody have any ideas?

Im going to head over in a few and pull the pump out and see how nasty the tank is. Also need to replace the plugs. I havent put new ones in since I first swapped the b6t.
                                Last edited by shorestiva; 06-18-2010, 05:38 PM.

Way too many cars

Comment

Working...
                                X