• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Ill take them if they are like yours. Might take two sets @ $165
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Marcus, those rear shocks just looked different. If the distance from the lower bolt to the spring perch is the same, they should work. I guess Monroe just made them differently, which threw me.

As for the downpipe, I bought mine from AZ. I think it was a Bosal brand, for a stock '94 323. But that's been over three years ago. Maybe they won't be available now. That ebay picture looked like it could have been the one. Who knows? I'd try all the parts store just to see.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Checked OReillys today, they can get a down pipe here monday morning ....$118 plus tax. Scary moment just a while ago. Stuck a battery in it to see what I had after the wire swap. All I had was headlights. Assume it was the main fuse. Took a small file and cleaned the fuse block and terminal ends still nothing but headlights. Looked around the battery and found a large guage white white that was unplugged, never noticed a spot to plug it in before. Dug around some more and found its counter part. Plugged the two wire togather and the auto seat belt started moving and both the front and rear wipers came on. Eureka !!! Tested all the lights, fans, horns,etc ( yes pural horns its a GL) it all works. As I said, it was a scary moment ! I added fluids, no leaks. Drained old fuel and added new, clutch cable and shifter linkage is hooked up. If I had a down pipe on it Id try starting it. Oh yeah found a leak in a brake line that will need repaired. Bought 30 inches of brake line and some compression fittings.
        Last edited by freshtiva; 04-25-2009, 04:34 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
          Bought 30 inches of brake line and some compression fittings.
          NNOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!! DON'T USE COMPRESSION FITTINGS!!!!!!!!

Compression fittings aren't designed to handle the pressures involved in a brake system. To properly repair a brake line, you need to cut out the bad section, slip tube nuts over the ends of the tube, and double flare the ends of the tube. Then use double-female couplers, and splice in a patch line with tube nuts and double flares at either end of it.

I just don't want to see you get hurt, hurt someone else, or wreck a Festy that you've put so much time and care into!!!
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• ^ditto!!
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• :sad10: But I dont have a flaring tool !!! I just want to get this finished !!:cussing:.....OK, I'll buy a flaring tool. Ka ching, the first $10,000 festiva.
              sigpic

Comment

:sad10: But I dont have a flaring tool !!! I just want to get this finished !!:cussing:.....OK, I'll buy a flaring tool. Ka ching, the first $10,000 festiva.
                That car is going to be worth more than any dollar amount. After all the sweat, blood and time you have into it that car is more yours than anything you can lease at the car lot. You know it inside and out. YOU built it. You can't buy that satifaction for any amount. It's a one of kind Limited Frestiva Edition.
                Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

• You heard about the blood huh ?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Just rent one from autozone, I have to do the same thing for my car. Some ding bat broke a brake line going to the back of my car so just pinched it off along with the brake line for the brakes on the other side of the car right before the rubber hose.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

• Picked up my $120 downpipe. It was all wrong. The festiva downpipe cat connection uses a donut. The 323 downpipe cat connection uses a gasket like the one between the down pipe and the exhaust manifold. Besides that the holes in the flanges were spaced differently where it bolts to the cat and the angle was all wrong. I had to grind off the weld holding the cat flange and turn it counter clockwise about 60 degrees, fill in the existing holes and drill new ones, install a pipe on the inside of the cat end to hold the donut, line it all up and reweld in back togather. I did get it installed. Looks great ! Then I tried to start the car..... wouldnt start. I put a clear fuel filter on until I run it awhile then Ill put the new stock filter on. The filter is full of gas. The plug at the disty was loose so I pressed it on until it snapped. Was sure that was the problem but it still wouldnt start.

OLD FESTIVA DOWNPIPE SET UP
                      sigpic

Comment

• looks better than mine lol... im glad it worked out good

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• IT IS ALIVE !! Running a little rough at lower RPM but cleans out when reved. Blew a main fuse once. Something isnt right, But IT IS ALIVE !! To bad I have to get to bed, Ill work on it tomorrow. Seems super rich ?
                          Last edited by freshtiva; 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• ccasion9:ccasion9::wav::wav:ccasion9:
                            Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

IT IS ALIVE !! Running a little rough at lower RPM but cleans out when reved. Blew a main fuse once. Something isnt right, But IT IS ALIVE !! To bad I have to get to bed, Ill work on it tomorrow. Seems super rich ?
                              check the vaf... that may be your problem. did you ever fill in that spot where the resonator box on your intake was? if thats off it will screw with the vaf... oooo BTW congrats on getting it running now if only i could get mine built lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Marcus, I forgot about the different connection to the Festiva cat. I put on my 323 downpipe and drove REAL LOUD to the muffler shop where they hooked it up via welding to the Magnaflow cat and did the rest of my exhaust.

Sorry I didn't think to tell you. I really didn't remember, since I didn't do the work and it didn't cost me too much. Less than $200 IIRC.

Sorry!

Karl
                                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                                X