No announcement yet.

My first engine swap build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I did mine, I used a Bosal (?) 323 downpipe and drove it to the muffler shop to have them do the 2" pipe system with my Magnaflow cat and muffler.

I believe you can weld, though, so you can do that stuff yourself.

Oh, BTW, I think my Thrush glasspack as a midpipe resonator does really well on Twinstiva. She's quieter than Lux even though she has no back seat (plenty of padding though). She's a five speed of course. Probably a couple thousand rpms less on the highway than my auto.

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 04-10-2009, 02:14 PM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• I sure wished Id known about the coolant line swap before I put the motor in the car. Worked half a day taking care of that. Probably would have taken half an hour with the motor out. I had to take the A/C compressor bracket back off to get to one of the water pump bolts and then I had to take the heat shield off of the exhaust manifold to get to a nut hold the coolant line bracket. Not much room to work with the motor in. The festiva coolant line in the set up to use though. It curves around the a/c compressor and make for a better lower rad hose connection. Probably use the festiva thermostat housing as well. I may try to enlarge the holes in the festiva down pipe and see if I can tweak it enough to use it. Wish I had a header. I like the water pump inlet on the B6 better if I could have used it. Its ported out the same as the water pump hole unlike the festiva.

Last edited by freshtiva; 04-10-2009, 05:48 PM.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Ok, Ive got a game for all you experienced B6 swappers. Match the the hose to it proper connection. Your answer would be like A-K, B-I, D-C, etc.

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I
        Last edited by freshtiva; 04-11-2009, 10:29 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• A to the I....should betheintake picture.

B to the C with a check valve in place

In "D" are you talking about the hose-less port? if so i think that should go to "E" if not "E" to the charcoal canister.

"J" the last picture should goto "H"

"F" is the fuel supply line as should connect to the fuel filter on the firewall

"G" should go to the air intake pipe as well...for it is the IAC valve.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
            I sure wished Id known about the coolant line swap before I put the motor in the car. Worked half a day taking care of that. Probably would have taken half an hour with the motor out. I had to take the A/C compressor bracket back off to get to one of the water pump bolts and then I had to take the heat shield off of the exhaust manifold to get to a nut hold the coolant line bracket. Not much room to work with the motor in. The festiva coolant line in the set up to use though. It curves around the a/c compressor and make for a better lower rad hose connection. Probably use the festiva thermostat housing as well. I may try to enlarge the holes in the festiva down pipe and see if I can tweak it enough to use it. Wish I had a header. I like the water pump inlet on the B6 better if I could have used it. Its ported out the same as the water pump hole unlike the festiva.

You have to realize not everyonewants to reatin A/C in thier cars.I myslef used the B6 coolant pipe and modified the heater hoses, Marcus.
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

• ^ If you use the festiva coolant line you can use the regular festiva radiator hose. I switched out the thermostat housing today too and both the upper and lower festiva radiator hoses worked perfectly with out making a different hose fit.

Last edited by freshtiva; 04-11-2009, 10:38 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• I was going to be super helpful and take pics of mine to help you Fresh, but realized it would be a waste of time because, no matter what we do, you can't see my pics. It's the thought that counts.
                ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                #2 .....Cheesehead
                #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                #4 .....Montana Project
                SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                Bought her back for $450
                Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Levitan View Post
                  I was going to be super helpful and take pics of mine to help you Fresh, but realized it would be a waste of time because, no matter what we do, you can't see my pics. .

I wish you'd get that picture problem fixed ! ;^)
                  Last edited by freshtiva; 04-12-2009, 10:55 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Lev, you need to start a photobucket account... that way your computer can't stop you from linking via your HD. once you upload to PB, you'll just need to copy the IMG code to your message and PB will do the rest.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Just drive Rollamobile down here and leave it for a couple of months.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I didnt want to move the MAF, air filter box , battery etc so I came up with this proto type air duct plumbing. This leaves me with the original intake to plug vacuum lines into also. Ill clean it up when I make it for real but you get the idea. Let the flaming begin.

Last edited by freshtiva; 04-12-2009, 05:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Flame you for what? That looks damn good actually.:thumbup:
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

• that looks like it'll work out pretty decent, but just curious but what about using the B6 plastic intake pieces?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                              I didnt want to move the MAF, air filter box , battery etc so I came up with this proto type air duct plumbing. This leaves me with the original intake to plug vacuum lines into also. Ill clean it up when I make it for real but you get the idea. Let the flaming begin.

I've seen worse.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                                that looks like it'll work out pretty decent, but just curious but what about using the B6 plastic intake pieces?
                                I dont have them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X