Festiva progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lane,

Go back and look at your first couple of pictures. Compared to what a mess you started with, you're making great progress! Hope you can come to Festiva Madness so we can check it out in person.

Barbara
    1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
    website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by Smedley View Post
      Lane,

Go back and look at your first couple of pictures. Compared to what a mess you started with, you're making great progress! Hope you can come to Festiva Madness so we can check it out in person.

Barbara
      Thanks so much! Festiva Madness is first priority for me this year, and I'm determined to have the car finished by then!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Had a little bit of time to work on the car today, so I did some work on the rear bumper. The way I had it cut/mounted originally left a noticeable gap in between the bumper cover and the body, and also left a gap between the bumper and the hatch when it was closed. This is what it looked like....

So to fix the problem i decided to cut a portion of the original festy bumper off and mold it to the new bumper. Now it's looking like it belongs there...

I have limited experience with body filler, and it probably wasn't the best thing to use for molding to the bumper, but I think it turned out well. I did however make this rocketeer helmet almost completely out of bondo for my halloween costume a few years ago...

Waiting on some suspension parts to come in so I can finish the aspire swap. More body work to come, and then paint. Still searching for either a b6 or b8 donor too.
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

that looks amazing!!! i love it keep up the good work!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

that will look sharp when you get paint on it

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I really can't wait to get the paint on!

Comment

yeah that looks so nice i'm pretty sure i'm gona copy that but maybe mold the bumpers together.. nice helmet also..
                and for the exaust hole i would copy the hole on the left side then cut out the right side just like the left and use the piece that was cut out and mold it in the hole on the left side... i'm pretty sure i said that in a kinda confusing way but yeah you should get it,,,

Ford Festiva L
                Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by gothguydante View Post
                  yeah that looks so nice i'm pretty sure i'm gona copy that but maybe mold the bumpers together.. nice helmet also..
                  and for the exaust hole i would copy the hole on the left side then cut out the right side just like the left and use the piece that was cut out and mold it in the hole on the left side... i'm pretty sure i said that in a kinda confusing way but yeah you should get it,,,
                  Yeah, I get what you're saying. I really don't wanna mess with the bumper that way though. I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes

Comment

Looking sensational friend.
                    I really am looking forward to the end product..

Comment

Still slowly truckin away!! Been doing body work the past few days I've been able to work on it....it's a very slow going process for me since it's A LOT of trial and error. Anyway, I've pretty much gotten the passenger side looking the way I want it. Removed the dents and the body line...

Also added a little upgrade to the dd Festy...cupholders! Still have some more messing around to do with this though

Comment

I love that cupholder! What did that come out of?! I also have the same seats.. I found them in a junk yard and added them to my CRX. I'm not sure what year the car was, but it was a Mazda MX-3!
                        www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                        www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                        Snoopy's
                        4621 Atlantic Ave
                        Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Originally posted by jermnc77 View Post
                          I love that cupholder! What did that come out of?! I also have the same seats.. I found them in a junk yard and added them to my CRX. I'm not sure what year the car was, but it was a Mazda MX-3!
                          Cupholder is from a 92-95 civic. I want to see if the rear piece that goes around the e-brake will fit as well, but can't find the piece to try it out. I think my seats are from a 93 mx-3, and as you can see I still haven't painted the driver's seat portion to match the passenger side

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                            Cupholder is from a 92-95 civic. I want to see if the rear piece that goes around the e-brake will fit as well, but can't find the piece to try it out. I think my seats are from a 93 mx-3, and as you can see I still haven't painted the driver's seat portion to match the passenger side
                            What are you using to paint the seats?! That looks awesome! Not to hijack your update profile, but I want to show you my seats. (below)
                            www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                            www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                            Snoopy's
                            4621 Atlantic Ave
                            Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Originally posted by jermnc77 View Post
                              What are you using to paint the seats?! That looks awesome! Not to hijack your update profile, but I want to show you my seats. (below)
                              Man, those are really nice! They are different from mine but I think I like yours better. I used duplicolor vinly/interior spray...got it from autozone. I heard a lot better things about the SEM interior spray, but I had trouble tracking that down.

Comment

looks great! its funny, i picked up a civic console at the jy for my festiva, and i have been planning to delete the body line as well. can't wait to see it all painted up. are you still going to drop in a b8?

Comment

Working...
                                X