Clear All

love what your doing with it
    take the side bracket out and that cup holder looks stock

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
    92 GL - parts car
    97 aspire - parts car
    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
      looks great! its funny, i picked up a civic console at the jy for my festiva, and i have been planning to delete the body line as well. can't wait to see it all painted up. are you still going to drop in a b8?
      Still searching for either a b6 or a b8....I prefer going with the b8 though. If I'm gonna swap the engine I want something worth all the work!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Cody just tracked down your thread. Your car is looking great. We could just grab you a B6ME motor which is pretty much plug n play and worth about 100 ponies.
        Keep us posted, Will

PS there's B6ME around row 110 in a white 323 at pull a part it would take about 20 minutes to finish getting it out of the car.
        Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
        187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by Motoxpress View Post
          Cody just tracked down your thread. Your car is looking great. We could just grab you a B6ME motor which is pretty much plug n play and worth about 100 ponies.
          Keep us posted, Will

PS there's B6ME around row 110 in a white 323 at pull a part it would take about 20 minutes to finish getting it out of the car.
          A b6me sounds good to me! I wish I could get out to pull a part and get the one you're talking about but I'm not off work again until NEXT tuesday. Guess I'll have to see if it's still there then
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Finally finished up the aspire swap/front end. Did the complete aspire swap with aspire sway bar and also replaced both axles, control arms, tie rod ends, and steering rack boots. Now my alignment is crazy bad!

Is it usually this bad after an aspire swap? I plan on taking it to get aligned, I just wanna make sure I didn't do something wrong. Should I put in my new struts and cut springs before I get it aligned?

Comment

did you also install a lift kit, lol jk... thats not right... did you use the aspire shocks/struts too?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                did you also install a lift kit, lol jk... thats not right... did you use the aspire shocks/struts too?
                Pfft! Looks like it doesn't it? I think that's partly an illusion due to the sloped driveway. Right now I still have the festy struts and springs. I have some Kyb's but I haven't installed them yet

Comment

I would probably put the new struts/springs on before alignment, just so you don't change anything after it's set up. But that's just me. Wow, that's really toed in, ain't it. :shock:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

i would have bet there was no engine in that car lol

is the suspension binding up or will it move up and down freely? you may want to try putting on your cut springs, and then align it yourself. set the steering wheel straight, then loosen the tie rod ends. set the wheels as straight as you can by looking at it. then just leave the tie rod ends loose, put the wheels back on and drive the car (take a wrench with you) adjust the tie rods as needed during your ride until the steering wheel is straight and it doesn`t pull to either side. turn the wheels whichever way necessary to get your wrench onto the tie rod. once you are finished tighten the tie rods. i hate to pay to align a festiva because there isn`t much to adjust on them, i can easilly align one as good as a shop can. its all up to you though.

car is coming along nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
                      i would have bet there was no engine in that car lol

is the suspension binding up or will it move up and down freely? you may want to try putting on your cut springs, and then align it yourself. set the steering wheel straight, then loosen the tie rod ends. set the wheels as straight as you can by looking at it. then just leave the tie rod ends loose, put the wheels back on and drive the car (take a wrench with you) adjust the tie rods as needed during your ride until the steering wheel is straight and it doesn`t pull to either side. turn the wheels whichever way necessary to get your wrench onto the tie rod. once you are finished tighten the tie rods. i hate to pay to align a festiva because there isn`t much to adjust on them, i can easilly align one as good as a shop can. its all up to you though.

car is coming along nicely!
                      Good advice rupp! I'll do the springs and then align it the best I can myself

Comment

Worrying about the alignment made me forget to post the other pics I took. Still working slowly, but at least it's coming along. Here's a side shot of how she's sitting as of now...

I decided against the shaved body line look, so I got another set of doors the same color that I will put on before I paint the car.
                        Here's the work I've been doing on the miata daisy wheels. I love the way these are looking!! Bronze center with factory silver lip...

Also primed the front and rear bumpers today, but only got a pic of the front...

So, I'm making progress, just not as much and not as quickly as I'd like. It's gotta be ready for Festiva Madness though!!
                        Last edited by lanemeyer14; 08-05-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

looking good LOVE the rims

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Finished up a few things today....Got the rest of the wheels painted and cut the springs to lower the stance! Also did a good bit of prep work getting her ready for paint. Pics turned out a little blurry, sorry about that....

Hopefully I'll be able to start painting next week!! Can't wait to have this beast one color! I'm doing the $50 rustoleum paint job with Festival Green Gloss, and I'm thinking about doing the door/trunk jambs and engine bay gloss black. Any opinions on that?
                            Last edited by lanemeyer14; 08-11-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Looks Sweet! Love the stance, and how you painted the wheels!! :thumbright:
                              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ford_For_Life View Post
                                Looks Sweet! Love the stance, and how you painted the wheels!! :thumbright:
                                Same here...I'm excited to get it finished! I wish there were some front and rear bumpers that would just follow the lines of the body straight down, instead of jutting out so far..I think these cars look awesome without bumpers!

Comment

Working...
                                X