Festiva progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
    how the project going bud, did you get a chance to work on it over the weekend?
    Been sick with a cold and have had to work....ugh! I'm off tomorrow and thursday so I plan on knocking some more of it out then
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• Up to 6 coats of paint....looking pretty good now I think! There is some orange peel and whatnot, but I think I'm gonna be really pleased with it when I'm finished. Got some more wetsanding to do and then 2 more coats and it should be done!

"Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• Looking real nice! keep up the good work!
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford_For_Life View Post
          Looking real nice! keep up the good work!
          True that!! Looking really good. You may be restoring my faith in the 50 dollar paint job. :thumbright:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

• Originally posted by batstiva View Post
            True that!! Looking really good. You may be restoring my faith in the 50 dollar paint job. :thumbright:
            I gotta tell you it's looking like it's definitely worth $50. It's a lot of work, but at least it gives me something to do on my days off! I'm sure if I wasn't in a rush to finish it for FM3 I could make it look like a professional job with zero peel and all that good stuff. I don't really want it perfect though....it's gonna be driven, and things will happen, and I wouldn't want to have to worry about a $1000+ paint job. It's really all up to you and what you want the result to be. I'm happy and feel a great sense of accomplishment knowing I did it myself....and cheap too!

Comment

• Man, I just went back and re read this thread. She's come a long way from the swamp in the floor car in the first pics. Very impressive. I see an FOTM in the making here. Keep at it.

I know it's like 8 pages later, but what made you decide to keep the body line down the sides?

Comment

• Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                Man, I just went back and re read this thread. She's come a long way from the swamp in the floor car in the first pics. Very impressive. I see an FOTM in the making here. Keep at it.

I know it's like 8 pages later, but what made you decide to keep the body line down the sides?
                Haha. Well I really wanted to smooth it out as much as possible, I just didn't go about it the right way. I don't have a welder or know anyone that could've helped weld the body lines, so I just filled it with body filler like an idiot. It looked pretty good when I finished, but I knew it wasn't gonna last so I decided to grind it back out. I ended up getting two more doors at the jy that had less dents, so I didn't even bother grinding out the body filler on the original doors. Thanks for the encouraging words too! I really wanted to shoot for October FOTM, but since it isn't complete I'll wait

Comment

• welding on this thin of sheet metal blows. Luckily I work at a place with a lot of tools that I can borrow (Air compressor, welder, etc...)

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                    welding on this thin of sheet metal blows. Luckily I work at a place with a lot of tools that I can borrow (Air compressor, welder, etc...)
                    Yeah, I heard about that too. I plan on getting my license plate area welded up at some point, but luckily a kind FF.com member said he would help me with that when I get to it!

Comment

• I can't wait to see your car at Madness! It is looking great.
                      1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                      1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                      Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                      website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

• That really is looking good !
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford_For_Life View Post
                          Looking real nice! keep up the good work!
                          Originally posted by Smedley View Post
                          I can't wait to see your car at Madness! It is looking great.
                          Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                          That really is looking good !
                          Thanks guys! I think I'll be proud of this when it's done

Comment

• Didn't work on it much this week due to the problems I'm going through, but did force my self to do a little bit.

Still need a few coats of paint on certain areas and also need to do all the detail work, but I think it's looking alright. It's a huge struggle for me now, but I'm doing the best I can to have it ready for FM3.

Comment

• Awesome progress, I'm really liking that color! I think I might do mine the same color, if you don't mind What's the paint code or name of that shade?

Also, once you start wetsanding and buffing, the orange peel will start to disappear and the the shine will really come out!
                              Last edited by spiko; 09-16-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Looking good!! That color is definitely growing on me! Glad to hear you made yourself get something done. Seems like the hardest part is getting the butt in the garage.

Keep at it!

Comment

Working...
                                X