Festiva progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
    I thought you wet sand between every 2 coats. That's the downfall of this method wet sand forever. Coat, Coat, wet sand, coat, coat, wet sand, Polish, done. And that is if you get enough coverage with 4 coats.
    Maybe I didn't say it right, but I meant between every 2 coats. I guess I'll just wetsand it til it's smooth. I know I won't have enough coverage with 4 coats though....probably doing 8
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• This is going to be a killer ride. I have to ask, where did you get the grille? I have seen them on several festys on here, but I am not sure where they come from.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

• Originally posted by doylerl View Post
        This is going to be a killer ride. I have to ask, where did you get the grille? I have seen them on several festys on here, but I am not sure where they come from.
        Thanks! If you're talking about the red/burgundy grille in some of the pictures it's just an 88-89 style festiva grille with the center bar cut out. Other guys on here have gone a step beyond just cutting the center piece out and they also fiberglass/bondo the holes that are left to smooth it all out and give it a really clean look
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• Did some wetsanding and a little more painting today. Right now I'm up to 4 coats all around (except hood and hatch), and I have pretty good coverage. I read that to get rid of the orange peel I needed to wetsand until smooth after every two coats. I had a good bit of orange peel that I tried to wetsand out, but I couldn't get it all out unless I sanded back down to the original paint! So I think my goal is to get a "Looks good from far, but far from good" paint job. Other than the orange peel it looks good and the shine is incredible! I can live with a little orange peel anyway. I love the color and I don't have to have a show winning paint job to enjoy driving "HULKSTIVA" around! Besides....I'm sure the hulk has less than perfect skin! Here's a few updated pics....

Comment

• So are you doing the $50 roll on paint job? If so that looks great and gives me inspiration to attempt it myself. I also read how you paint your seats. Your seats look like fabric to me, are they? I am just amazed with all stuff you can do with a festiva. I originally bought mine to be a gas saver, but after reading and browsing this forum the car is slowly turning into my little toy. I feel sorry for my truck because she just sits in the drive way.
            Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
              So are you doing the $50 roll on paint job? If so that looks great and gives me inspiration to attempt it myself. I also read how you paint your seats. Your seats look like fabric to me, are they? I am just amazed with all stuff you can do with a festiva. I originally bought mine to be a gas saver, but after reading and browsing this forum the car is slowly turning into my little toy. I feel sorry for my truck because she just sits in the drive way.
              Yep, doing the $50 rustoleum roll on job. I did paint one of my seats, haven't gotten around to painting the other one yet. I used duplicolor fabric/vinyl spray. Turned out pretty good, but does stiffen up the fabric a little bit....looks better than the faded blue that it was though!

Comment

• Well looks like I might have plans for labor day now, if I can get the wife to part with some of my paycheck lol.
                Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Go for it! This has all been a learning experience for me and I love it!

Comment

• Got rid of my "Wife" problem last year. Now peewee's getting better!!! All ready spent several hundred $ on it this year. Paint should be next. Hopefully
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by bebandit View Post
                      Got rid of my "Wife" problem last year. Now peewee's getting better!!! All ready spent several hundred $ on it this year. Paint should be next. Hopefully
                      I hope "peewee" is your cars name, lol.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

• I like how you changed your avatar to match your car... haha... the only thing with that is, the hulk was a lot bigger than a festiva... then again, bugs bunny probably is too...
                        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

• Originally posted by doylerl View Post
                          I like how you changed your avatar to match your car... haha... the only thing with that is, the hulk was a lot bigger than a festiva... then again, bugs bunny probably is too...
                          Haha, yeah. My original avatar went along with my white dd festiva that I wanted to turn into the ghostbuster's ectomobile. I had planned for a while to turn this one into the "Hulkstiva" though, so I figured an avatar change was needed

Comment

• It's turning out really good. Are you going to paint it black around the window pillars?
                            -Josh R

Comment

• Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                              It's turning out really good. Are you going to paint it black around the window pillars?
                              Yep. The new doors I got had the black trim, so I decided I'd go with that

Comment

• how the project going bud, did you get a chance to work on it over the weekend?

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
                                X