No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read just a couple posts further and you'll see that I tried swapping just the spider gears... It doesn't work

If you also keep reading in the thread, you'll see I ended up with a 26 spline Mfactory diff

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• ok, yea im at work and happen to catch it I just get 10 min break, alright man. great job

Comment

• I made up a custom rear bumper support today, the stock steel beam pushed the rear bumper cover about an inch away from the body which was hell on the fitment

So my options were to completely modify the stock support, or custom make one, making one was much easier

The steel is 3/16" thick and total it's just about as heavy as the stock support.... My thoughts are that it's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it

As you can see in this pic, the rear bumper cover sits much tighter to the body then the stock plastic cover

Up next....

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Quality workmanship, I like it! It's got that whole bobtail thing going on.
          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
          1988 LX 5-speed
          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• The bumpers will be red before the car goes down the road...

Comment

• Thanks for posting that info Chris. Adds to my excitement for getting started on my project. It too shall be red!

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
              Last edited by fastivaca; 03-30-2014, 07:20 PM.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Ian - since this info will be useful to you too, I cut the flange off the stock bumper support, bolted them to the car and used pieces of the 1"x2" to space out the main pieces enough to clear the body like this....

Hopefully this helps you when you go to install your body kit

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  The bumpers will be red before the car goes down the road...
                  Maybe I meant boattail. I dunno. Just realized white bumper would technically make it a bobtail lol.
                  White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Love that bobbed look, where did you get it? I'd considered chopping the stock bumper down but this should be way easier.

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    I made up a custom rear bumper support today, the stock steel beam pushed the rear bumper cover about an inch away from the body which was hell on the fitment

So my options were to completely modify the stock support, or custom make one, making one was much easier

The steel is 3/16" thick and total it's just about as heavy as the stock support.... My thoughts are that it's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it

As you can see in this pic, the rear bumper cover sits much tighter to the body then the stock plastic cover

Last edited by greywolf200; 03-31-2014, 09:23 AM.
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                      Love that bobbed look, where did you get it? I'd considered chopping the stock bumper down but this should be way easier.
                      Well at first I asked the Easter bunny, but since I ran over a lot of his friends he didn't wanna help me out.... So I was patient and was on my best behavior for a whole year and I went to visit Santa.... I even sat on his lap and got my picture taken.... I got extra friendly with him and asked for the body kit, and on Christmas morning he brought me the body kit and left it under my tree with his phone number

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                        Well at first I asked the Easter bunny, but since I ran over a lot of his friends he didn't wanna help me out.... So I was patient and was on my best behavior for a whole year and I went to visit Santa.... I even sat on his lap and got my picture taken.... I got extra friendly with him and asked for the body kit, and on Christmas morning he brought me the body kit and left it under my tree with his phone number
                        Ho ho ho!
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• GT rear seat install complete

Comment

• Love those seats..

Need a clean but overall damn mang.. Good job.

Sent from the depths of hell.
                            Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                            Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km
                            City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Got my brand new clutch master cylinder in the other day and got some time to bleed the system out today

There's a couple minor things to touch up.... like adjusting the pushrod.... but overall I'm really happy with it

Comment

• I'll trade ya....
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X