No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good man. Alot of hard work going into this.

Comment

• Well, I wouldn't say "hard" work, just tedious work to get it all functioning like it came this way from factory

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• any updates mate?? wanna see where this will finally finish up if it ever will!!!! needa make it 4WD i think.. would be a good next project part for this..

Comment

• My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Haven't touched it lately, I'm probably gunna wait til the weekend to do anymore to it

I won't be converting it to AWD though, too many added headaches that I just don't wanna deal with lol but I'll probably never be done with this project, I'll always continue upgrading it until the day I sell it lol
          Last edited by Damkid; 03-06-2014, 04:54 AM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Changed my mind and did some work tonight on it lol

First I added some gussets to the push rod since I wasn't sure how durable it was gunna be without them

Brake booster/master bolted back on.... I hate working on the nuts that hold the brake booster on, I'd rather take a punch in the face then un-bolt the brake booster lol

Then I got the slave bolted up and started running the hard line.... Not much clearance with the fan and line but it's enough to never cause issues

Nicely with the frame rail.... It's just hanging there until I can pick up some pieces to bolt to the car and hold the line steady

I've been pretty broke lately so I haven't picked up the flex line yet to finish this off, but once I get the flex line I'll just to hook it up and bleed it out and my hydro clutch conversion will be complete

Comment

• I always read this thread, and it makes me want a bigger motor....
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• ^^do it :evil4:

Comment

Picked up a flex line to finish the lines and here's the final routing for the clutch line

Then I tried bleeding the system only to find out the MC is toast... Ugh

Sooo onto something different while I wait on a new MC.... I've still had the 323 GT rear seats awaiting install so I got a start on it tonight

There will also be a lower piece of angle iron to attach the hinges too and the lower section of the seats... So far I'm really happy with the fitment but I still need to check how the seats line up with the panels but here's the fitment so far

And yes the seats need a good steam cleaning

Some may ask why I decided to run two pieces of angle across the width of the car... I have future plans that will tie into these.... I intend on running a water-to-air IC and a custom made "box" reservoir will be built to fit between the angle iron allowing me to keep some of my storage space... But that's a long time away yet
                  Last edited by Damkid; 03-23-2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Very nice. How hard is it to get the 323 rear seats to fit and work?

Comment

• Did you say rear turbo?...
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                        Did you say rear turbo?...
                        :lol: that's your specialty man, I prefer hearing the turbo from the front of the car

Comment

• couldnt you just put the engine at the back and just a turbo in the engine bay since you like hearing the turbo up front??

seems logical to me haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Chultz View Post
                            couldnt you just put the engine at the back and just a turbo in the engine bay since you like hearing the turbo up front??

seems logical to me haha
                            Lol

Sent from the depths of hell.
                            Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                            Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km
                            City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Backrests fully mounted

Still need to make attachment points for the bottom cushion and trim the panels to fit since the backrests are slightly wider then festiva seats.... I'll also need to trim the rear speaker panels to clear the angle iron
                              Last edited by Damkid; 03-24-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                                I've had a spare G series tranny for a while and the other day i picked up this probe GT tranny, i've always been intrigued by the BG V6 swap in the 90-94 323's

So the idea occured to me if there basically the same tranny (internally) except for different bell housings, then i "should" be able to swap the differentials making the probe tanny able to accept the 323/capri axles, which "should" make a V6 swap relatively simple

so i tore down the two trannies today to compare and here's what i found

The 323 tranny with the 5th gear cover off

now with the case separated

And a bare empty tranny

The probe tranny with the case separated

bare empty probe tranny with all the parts spread over the bench

And here's the part i was looking to find out, the differentials side-by-side, the 323 is on the left

You can see the probe's ring gear is thicker but it's not taller that the 323's but as far as i can tell thats the only difference in the differentials other than the spline count

The only difference i've spotted so far with the gear sets so far is the gear that drives the differential is thicker on the probe tranny

The 323 gear:

Probe gear:

I set the 323 differential in the probe housing and it fits like it belongs, so when i re-assemble the tranny i'll use the 323 diff in the probe tranny so it'll be ready to swap into a festiva :evil4:
                                i just looked at this post one question? are you swaping the probe diff for the 323 diff? instead of doing that why don't you change the side gears into the probe diff and have the same diff in the probe but different side gears if the housings are the same they should fit in there. like i said i just happen to run across this and read it, i don't know if i read it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X