My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
    Can you get a weight of the engine & trans? The BP & g25mr weighs 525lbs with oil & trans fluid still in there.
    I'm not sure if i'll be able to get a weight or not but i'll try

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
    Chris,

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to see this projected started. I was disappointed when I saw that I had missed 21 pages of awesomeness, but I was rewarded with the beauty of a KL motor sitting inside a Festiva engine bay.

DO WORK!
    I was wandering when you were going to notice this thread :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• So i did a little bit on the car again tonight, i notice the front valve cover has a crack in it so i took it off and i'll try to tig weld it tomorrow at work, if not i'll just use the Ford valve cover, but i'd rather have it say Mazda

i want to make some more clearance with the pullies and frame so i figure if i can mount the alternator to back side of the engine i can run the alternator on the inner grooves of the crank pulley and shave off the outer grooves of the crank pulley and instant clearance so here's a pic of where i want to move the alternator to, it looks like it'll be a tight fit but i think it'll work

And this is to show that i'll have plenty of room between the axle and exhaust, and yes i still need to make a bracket to bolt the intermediate shaft to the block

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Can yo 180 the upper intake and have it face the passenger side?
        Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
        88? Parts car-sold
        91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
        86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
        1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          if not i'll just use the Ford valve cover, but i'd rather have it say Mazda
          NNNOOOOOO.............................its a Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

• NO! Mazda!!! c'mon guys!! ford just sold 'em to bring down the fleet mpg's thanks to crappy cars and trucks that WERE built by ford.

Comment

• I would have never bought one of these if it wasn't a "FORD" Festiva. Which by the way they aren't really Mazda's either, they were built by KIA
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

• Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                It's a ford powered by MAZDA :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Comment

• when i was looking for a car i said i would NEVER EVER buy a hyundai or a kia... i hate them so much... i have only found one kia part on my car and every time i see it i get a bit mad... but the rest is all good im working on taking EVERY bolt off the car and put it back on... then that way it wasnt assembled by kia...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                    im working on taking EVERY bolt off the car and put it back on... then that way it wasn't assembled by kia...
                    just too cool!!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                    In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                      when i was looking for a car i said i would NEVER EVER buy a hyundai or a kia... i hate them so much...
                      Thats how I feel about fords

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                      We need the fordfestiva dislike button for that comment
                      Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                      I would have never bought one of these if it wasn't a "FORD" Festiva. Which by the way they aren't really Mazda's either, they were built by KIA
                      I would never had bought one if my DSM's could stay running & that they were really an import not FoMoCo
                      Yeah only the Japanese ones are mazda built

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                      NO! Mazda!!! c'mon guys!! ford just sold 'em to bring down the fleet mpg's thanks to crappy cars and trucks that WERE built by ford.
                      True you speak the truth
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

• could you relocate the brake master reservoir by pulling it off and tapping the master with a pipe tap? Then add 90 degree nipples and just clamp on some hose and mount the reservoir right behind the drivers strut. just pull the master apart to tap it. there is a snap ring pull it out and keep everything in order its spring loaded by the way. if you get brake safe hose it would work perfectly. maybe you could use braided stainless lines too
                        YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                          I would have never bought one of these if it wasn't a "FORD" Festiva. Which by the way they aren't really Mazda's either, they were built by KIA
                          Designed and first built by Mazda, then built by Kia, and brought and sold here by Ford.
                          The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

• Mine is Sooooooooooo confused. Ford name, Mazda motor and trans, built by Kia on the door jam. I call mine a KMF. Kia -Mazda-Ford. Will see if my Brother can make a name tag saying that at his machine shop. Yep they have CNC.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by ketchup View Post
                              could you relocate the brake master reservoir by pulling it off and tapping the master with a pipe tap? Then add 90 degree nipples and just clamp on some hose and mount the reservoir right behind the drivers strut. just pull the master apart to tap it. there is a snap ring pull it out and keep everything in order its spring loaded by the way. if you get brake safe hose it would work perfectly. maybe you could use braided stainless lines too
                              how would this be actuated? with the air inside the pipe?

Also why go through that if all he needs is the mx3 intake mani
                              Last edited by muscle_Car1; 12-29-2009, 01:19 AM.
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

• because the MX-3 intake flows like shiz compared to a true curved neck KLZE or Millenia manifold.

(wrong port shape)
                                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X