My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wait to see this beast !!! :evil1:

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• Looks really nice.........have you had a chance to see if the ratio is right yet?

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

• Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
        Looks really nice.........have you had a chance to see if the ratio is right yet?
        I won't know til i get a flywheel and with christmas my project hasn't seen much funding for me to get a flywheel/clutch but from moving it by hand, i'm sure it'll be fine

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Yep definitely going to need to buy one of those off from you looks sweet. Your using the other case to bolt up to that motor, I wonder if it would mount the same on the protege tranny?

Comment

• I would think so, its almost the same transmission.
            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
            88? Parts car-sold
            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

• Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
              Your using the other case to bolt up to that motor, I wonder if it would mount the same on the protege tranny?
              I'm not sure what your asking, the tranny case is the probe case, i didn't mix match the cases but i probably could have

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• No I mean you used the case out of a Ford Probe, and my case is a Mazda Protege, they have a different bolt pattern to mount to different engines, I wondered if how you mounted that part would mount differently on both cases?

I am not sure what the external differences in the transmissions cases are other than the engine bolt pattern.
                Last edited by Gforcefd; 12-19-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• From comparing the Probe tranny with my spare 323 tranny (when i swapped diffs) the bolt holes look the same for where i mounted the hinge

Comment

• Just to clear any confusion about the slave cylinder, heres a pic of where it bolts to the tranny

And look what i brought home today

My KL-ZE!!

I won't get a chance to work on it the next couple days but at least i can start making the engine mount, finish any last clearance issues etc. then start on the plumbing and wiring

Comment

• mmm that looks so nice!!! its going to be a BEAST!!!!!

Comment

• Is the straight neck intake going to hit your brake booster like I heard it does on the 323's?

Comment

• Chris, you are THE V6 MASTER!

This is beyond awesome possum spectacular!!

Go Chris, GO!!

After you complete this, maybe a Flying Festiva?

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• :lol: thanks Karl

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                            Is the straight neck intake going to hit your brake booster like I heard it does on the 323's?
                            If it does interfere i will use the DE's intake

Comment

• doesn't the millenia use a curved intake?
                              93 festiva aka "the sexy"
                              04 blown GT stang
                              99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                                If it does interfere i will use the DE's intake
                                Don't do that. You will see why as soon as you try and you will lose alot of power. Square runner into round ports doesn't work to well. If the intake is too long use the the curved KLZE JDM intake, similar to the K8 intake but has the square runners to match the heads on the KLZE.
                                The Festiva Store
                                Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X