No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's plenty of adjustment for the clutch, which is why the adjuster is at the end of the cable, i made it with the clutch lever as far in as it would go so it can only move to give slack in the cable, so it should be fine

here's a couple more pics i just took, i unbolted it so i can paint it and it drying now

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• great work on the clutch!!! looks awesome

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• How much? :-)

Comment

• ^x2
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• dude this thing is sweet! i love it!

Comment

• Holy smokes my old Festiva has a V6 in it now! We definitely have to meet up so you can take me for a spin in it!

Looking through your pictures brings back a lot of memories. I hope you're having as much fun with the car as I had!
              * Retired Festiva-er*
              1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
              B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

• Once its up and running i'll try to get a hold of you to meet up, and yes so far its been really fun doing this project

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I almost had the ZE home today, but just as i got done work and was going to jump on the forklift to grab the engine and load it up, a truck pulled in needing to be unloaded so i should have it home tomorrow and i'll be working on the final mount over the weekend

Comment

• sweet! This is the most exciting/sweet build since when I followed some of the original v6 mk1/mk2 mr2 builds 5 or six yrs ago!!! (I love v6 in little cars)

Comment

• Keep up the good work.
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• It even has Zerk fitting(s)! Good engineering.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post

I'm a little confused here. With this setup when the clutch pedal is pushed down it will pull on the bracket you've made which then PULLS the the bolt that's connected to the throwout lever (for lack of a better term). Doesn't the hydraulic setup PUSH on the lever when the pedal is pushed down?
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• If I remember they push but are located on the other side of the fork???

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

• ^^right... the slave cylender bolts above the front trany mount, pushing from that side

Chris I can't wait to see how this works when its actually "in action"! Looks sweet!
                              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• Welll i ended up having to work 4 hours late and by the time i got done the back door was blocked so yet again i couldn't the fork lift out the back door to load the engine in my car to bring it home

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                                I'm a little confused here. With this setup when the clutch pedal is pushed down it will pull on the bracket you've made which then PULLS the the bolt that's connected to the throwout lever (for lack of a better term). Doesn't the hydraulic setup PUSH on the lever when the pedal is pushed down?
                                Originally posted by mattswabb View Post
                                If I remember they push but are located on the other side of the fork???
                                You are correct, the slave cylinder mounts on the engine side of the fork, i have a junk slave cylinder that i can put in place and take a pic to show where it mounts

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                                ^^right... the slave cylender bolts above the front trany mount, pushing from that side

Chris I can't wait to see how this works when its actually "in action"! Looks sweet!
                                Thanks Nate i can't wait either :lol:

Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                                It even has Zerk fitting(s)! Good engineering.
                                Well i didn't want it rusting solid on me one day :lol: i want it to last a lifetime!
                                Last edited by Damkid; 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X