No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new updates with parts but trust me, when it's done the outside appearance will be the exact same

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      No new updates with parts but trust me, when it's done the outside appearance will be the exact same
      OH I believe you! hahaha. you've said that more than a dozen times to a lot of people!
      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• All it needs is racin stripes. Adds 20 hp
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Today I went to the junkyard and got the Mazda 929 injector retainers that I needed to be able to use my 850cc injectors, while I was right there I also grabbed the 929 injectors which are 330cc's, that way if at first I run a relatively low boost set up I won't have any over fuelling issues :lol:

For comparison the stock KL injectors are 230cc's

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Today I went to the junkyard and got the Mazda 929 injector retainers that I needed to be able to use my 850cc injectors, while I was right there I also grabbed the 929 injectors which are 330cc's, that way if at first I run a relatively low boost set up I won't have any over fuelling issues :lol:

For comparison the stock KL injectors are 230cc's
            isn't 330s the size of stock B6T or BPT injectors? I might have to start grabbing them if they are.
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
              isn't 330s the size of stock B6T or BPT injectors? I might have to start grabbing them if they are.
              IIRC the kl ones are side feed, not top feed, so they wont work...

you do know that 6 850cc's are good to around 650hp... are you sure you want to go that big? i would rather go with somthing smaller and run a big shot of water meth or somthing lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Oh I know how much HP the 850's are capable of handling, and yes, eventually I plan to run that kind of HP

Comment

• Here's a pic of the injectors, retainers, and connectors i'll need

Comment

... yes, eventually I plan to run that kind of HP
                    drool
                    -Zack
                    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Oh I know how much HP the 850's are capable of handling, and yes, eventually I plan to run that kind of HP
                      With a G Series? Darn I hate seeing a 929 stripped. I love 929s.

Comment

• ^^The 929 was in a crash, so it at least it wasn't in the junkyard for no reason, but it made for a real PITA to get the intake off to get at the fuel rails considering the strut tower was up against a bracket bolted to the intake :lol:

The guy at my work with a 600HP probe is still running the stock G series probe tranny, so i don't think i'll have to replace toooo many tranny's, but thats a bridge i'll cross when i get to it
                        Last edited by Damkid; 04-03-2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

The guy at my work with a 600HP probe is still running the stock G series probe tranny, so i don't think i'll have to replace toooo many tranny's, but thats a bridge i'll cross when i get to it
                          That's impressive. You know what I'd do, though. Cryo one!

Comment

• Also your car is much lighter.
                            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Not a big update, but a small one, i test fitted the 929 retainers on the KL fuel rail and well

they fit perfectly so my injector setup will work nicely, so today i took the wire wheel to the retainers

Next i'll be taking the wire wheel to the fuel rail to hopefully get them as shiny then i'll be installing the injectors and the fuel rails are ready to go

I also put my intake on the milling machine at work and started cutting it all apart to be able to re-use as much of the aluminum as possible for the second attempt at a custom intake

Comment

• Just got around to checking back in on this thread. Looks like most of your clearance issues for the TB could be solved by making an IAC block off plate. I have one on mine and have no idle issues at all. Of course, I live in South Florida so cold weather is never an issue.
                                92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
                                HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda

Comment

Working...
                                X