No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried taking off the IAC and it still doesn't clear, I'll be rebuilding the whole intake once i get the intercooler

I finished cleaning up the fuel rails and got installed the 929 injectors (330cc) for the first while since i probably will only run low-ish boost at first (10-15 psi) then later i'll upgrade the turbo etc. since it's just not in the budget right now

comparison pic of before and after

both rails cleaned up

and injectors installed, they fit like factory so thanks hppwdn for the tip on the 929 retainers

now i just gotta make an injector harness and that part of it is done at last
    Last edited by Damkid; 04-12-2011, 06:50 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I bought a turbo that was on an SHO......you need it
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        i probably will only run low-ish boost at first (10-15 psi)
        hahaha you crazy guy...so if that's "low-ish" boost, what's full? 30psi?? I will come see this thing in person just to ogle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
          I bought a turbo that was on an SHO......you need it
          Hmm I maybe interested but I gotta get some other things paid off first before I get to buy more car parts :lol: stupid priorities

Originally posted by thered56 View Post
          hahaha you crazy guy...so if that's "low-ish" boost, what's full? 30psi?? I will come see this thing in person just to ogle it.
          I probably will run 25ish psi one day

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I guess Ive missed this thread , props for the build - keep us updated. When done right , Custom intakes make alot more powa.

:thumbright:

Comment

• ^^Thanks

Yesterday my festiva overheated cause it lost all the anti-freeze, so today i looked and saw this

Now i get to change another water pump...... yay

Comment

^^Thanks

Yesterday my festiva overheated cause it lost all the anti-freeze, so today i looked and saw this

Now i get to change another water pump...... yay
                Water pump block-off plate and electric water pump?
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• ^^Very tempting, but since the last time i changed the pump i threw a used one on it, i'll put another stock replacement on it and see what happens, if a new pump goes within the first year, i'll get an electric one for sure

Comment

• Yeah don't you have to pull the engine every time you change a water pump in that thing? If that's the case when I do one (SHUTUP IT WILL HAPPEN) I'm instantly doing electric water pump, lol.
                    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• i pulled the engine to change it the last time so i didn't fight with clearance (not knowing how much clearance i would have either) but i also wanted to change the clutch while i was at it (other reason for pulling the engine)

When i changed the timing belt, i did it with the engine in the car so i'm sure i can change the pump in the car as well (thank god lol)

Comment

• I really hope you won't have to pull the engine for that! when I read that you'd be replacing it on page 19 that's what I was thinking!!

can you lift up the passenger side to give a touch of room or does it even have any room at all?! lol
                        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

When i changed the timing belt, i did it with the engine in the car so i'm sure i can change the pump in the car as well (thank god lol)
                          Originally posted by walth View Post
                          can you lift up the passenger side to give a touch of room or does it even have any room at all?! lol
                          but yes if i need room i can lower the tranny down and jack up the engine side to make room

Comment

• wow...well, that certainly beats pulling the engine anyday! especially in your case
                            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I can go from a running car to the engine out in about 1hr 45mins, it really is not bad to work on because of how much "extra" crap I kept out of my engine bay

Comment

• Friday it took 2 1/2 hours to change the water pump from start to finish

Here's how far down i had to tear it apart

Comment

Working...
                                X