No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you could fit a supercharger in there with a custom manifold.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
      you could fit a supercharger in there with a custom manifold.
      Your probably right but I still prefer turbos :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I was waiting for this thread, keep us posted 'cause that is gonna be ridiculously sweet
        Tim
        '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
        '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
        '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
        '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
        '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
        '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
        '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
        '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

• Because I know a thing or two about the space constraints of that particular car ( ), I think it would be less of a frustration to go with a centrifugal type supercharger... Vortech, or Rotrex if you have the $$$. Then run methanol injection rather than a intercooler. This way you'd be able to keep everything under the hood, as opposed to cutting a hole in the hood for the 'Subaru' type intercooler.

But then again, I never thought a V6 would fit in there either...
          * Retired Festiva-er*
          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

• You just keep raising the bar chris, making me feel bad. now i have to get back to work on my car and actually get something done. i like the supercharger idea too. best of luck with the build. Did you ever get that GTX?

Comment

• WOW Chris!!!!!that beast is gonna be a rocket on wheels!!!!keep up the good work..
              LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

Comment

• This going to be awesome can't wait to c more pic of this. Hey Chris what r u going to do about the tranny make another one or go with a diff tranny one that can take the power.
                the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                \/\_____________FORD
                FOREVER

Comment

• ehh superchargers are less efficient... they take hp before they make it.therefore more pressure is needed for the same hp results.. though a supercharger would be interesting good luck with the build i will be watching
                  91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

• Rear turbo sounds pretty logical here. You have no room under the hood and you can chill the intake charge on the way up front. Plus you wont have to worry about a fancy exhaust setup up front.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Not to worry guys, I will not be cutting any holes in the hood, ever, basically whatever I do the cars outer appearance will not change

But sorry I won't be supercharging it, turbo all the way

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• This is going to awesome!!! I also have been waiting for this thread for a while now. You will have the fastest festiva by far once you turbo it! Best of luck.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• All I did today was put the flanges on the milling machine at work so the flanges are flat and all the same height

Comment

• Originally posted by phyaz91 View Post
                            ehh superchargers are less efficient... they take hp before they make it.therefore more pressure is needed for the same hp results.. though a supercharger would be interesting good luck with the build i will be watching
                            explain that to the top fuel guys lol

Comment

• supercharger + turbo man, supercharger gets you past the lag!
                              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• I know that first hand, being the only person to twincharge the KL motor..... but to save complexity, just go turbo, and that lag just might save the tires some, not that you really can save them once your turbo
                                93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
                                -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
                                123.7mph highest trap
                                95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

Working...
                                X