Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats jsut carzy it's going to be just amazing

Comment

I know this is a crappy picture but the one on the left is a KL-DE and is free to me, but its not complete, and the one on the right is a KL-ZE for $500, so i'll be getting the DE home hopefully friday to use as a mock-up engine and when i'm ready i'll buy the ZE and get it running :evil4:

Last edited by Damkid; 11-17-2009, 09:04 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Oh sick Chris!

I can't wait to see this man.
        -Caleb
        Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
        So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

how did the axle fit?
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

sweeeeeeeet

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
              Oh sick Chris!

I can't wait to see this man.
              Thanks!! Same here :lol:

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
              how did the axle fit?
              I still haven't tested it out yet since i don't have the right sized socket to take the axle nut off, but i will before i pay any money for the KL-ZE

The engine's are in a transport trailer at work and are somewhat buried so i'll be needing the help getting the engine out of the trailer which a guy i work with is going to help me with that on friday and he's going to bring a trailer and bring it to my house since that'll be a lot easier for me :lol:
              Last edited by Damkid; 11-18-2009, 05:51 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I pulled my festiva into the garage today

And started pulling the axle out

And here's the axle

And here it is in the probe tranny :evil4::evil4:

This side the axle was a bit tight going in but that could be because the phantom grip not lettin the spider gear to be in the right position but either way the axle went in

So next i'll be pulling the B6T out and starting my V6tiva project :evil4::evil4:

Comment

I was gonna say, the passenger side of the housing isn't meant to have a CV shaft in it, it won't go in right anyway, at least not a 323GT/capri XR2 trans anyway.

I can't wait to see the V6 sitting under the hood!
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

The side that was tight is the side that is supposed to have the CV shaft

Once the axle was in the tranny everything felt solid like the way it should be so i couldn't be happier with the way it turned out

Comment

this is so awesome...
                      93 festiva aka "the sexy"
                      04 blown GT stang
                      99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

Thanks GUS!!

Comment

Good job so far with the transmission!

Now I'm waiting to see how you're going to put that 6 in there. How much wider is it compared to the B6T?
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I won't know for sure until i get the engine home as to just how much wider it'll be

Comment

you may have already thought of this but... why didnt you just swap the v6 bell housing on to the b6t trans?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                                you may have already thought of this but... why didnt you just swap the v6 bell housing on to the b6t trans?
                                becasue the bell housing is integrated into the tranny itself and can't be just swapped over, i wish it would have been that easy

Comment

Working...
                                X