X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^Thanks Marcus, i can't wait either :lol:

Here's today progress, small progress but still progress

These are the plates i made up to bolt the upper rad support back together

And i wanted to see how much room i'll have for a rad so i put the grille/headlights on, then i wanted to see my new corner lights installed and figured what the hell and put the bumper in place for a picture :lol:

So it's looking like i'll have plenty of room for a nice big rad

I'm also hoping to be bringing home the KL-ZE tomorrow so i can make the engine mount
    Last edited by Damkid; 12-10-2009, 02:31 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Awesome project!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Nice progress so far Chris !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• very nice.
          1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
          1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
          1983 Chevy Elcamino
          1993 Ford Festiva GL
          2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
          some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

• This is just pure awesomeness.. Sorry sasquatch, this just might be a little more awesome than you :p (but that is VERY hard to beat, so don't worry)
            -Josh R

Comment

• ^ lol jk... nothing can come close to the awesome-ness of zippy and the sasquatch

good progress keep it up! i cant wait till it runs

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Thanks guys,

the next thing i'll be doing is modifying my shift linkage to bolt up to the new trans

Modifying the int. shaft to bolt to the engine

make a bracket to adapt my clutch cable to work on the probe tranny (which was hydraulic) since i honestly don't want to convert my festiva to hydraulic clutch, i've had bad luck my the hydraulic clutch on my 300ZX and i really don't want the same headaches with my festiva

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                ^ lol jk... nothing can come close to the awesome-ness of zippy and the sasquatch
                Oh we'll see about that :lol:
                Last edited by Damkid; 12-10-2009, 05:31 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• This is awesome!!! Keep up the good work.
                  Tim S

Comment

• Chris, I would be very interested in that bracket to convert from hydrolic to cable. I have to say that is the thing I dislike the most about my car is how hard it is to use my clutch due to how its mounted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                      Chris, I would be very interested in that bracket to convert from hydrolic to cable. I have to say that is the thing I dislike the most about my car is how hard it is to use my clutch due to how its mounted.
                      i'll try to explain my idea which might be hard without pics

i want to bolt the clutch cable to the tranny basically the same way it was on my B6T tranny (or how it is on the stock tranny) then have a shaft in front of the tranny that will pivot, the cable will pull a lever on the shaft to twist it and make a sideways motion, then i'll have a lever that'll go from the shaft to the clutch lever

If that doesn't make any sense i'll be sure to post pics and maybe a short video once i've got my idea to reality :lol:

Comment

• i think i know what you are trying to say... smart idea

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Hopefully it turns out the way i'm imagining it, i may not get the chance to build it til after the holidays when i'm back to work, unless i get a chance to next week sometime

Comment

• I will sit patiently and wait. I am not too sure what you meant. I never looked but if there was a way to mount a bracket on the drivers side of throw out bearings arm (clutch fork?) then you could mount a cable more traditionally on the fork, might have to slot the for to accept a cable in it, not sure.

Comment

• that VRIS on the back of the intake...if its bolted on would you be able to unbolt it, make a bracket that goes higher up? You could clear that lip on the firewall, push the motor back and possibly gain and inch and a half in the front or would the manifold then be right against the steering rack? Sweet build btw that is insane. Tires are gonna smoke with all that torque lol. Keep up the good work
                              Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

• drool bro that is dusgustinly sweet awsome sauce. your crazy and a genious at the same time and thats a dangerous but fun mix, man i wish i knew half the stuff you have even forgotten in your life i couldnt even fab a tri-cycle and your completely re-engeineering a car. jelous is not a extreem enough word for the way i feel drool
                                Last edited by bobbyspider; 12-11-2009, 10:04 AM.
                                -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                                -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Working...
                                X