No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound good for me. I need to practice my english before cause I'm no longer in Ontario so I don't use my english anymore. But I'm going to be with my Mazda3 cause my festiva got no engine/tranny/interior/wiring harness/rear axle/wheels/etc... during the winter for the BIG rebuilt.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
      Sound good for me. I need to practice my english before cause I'm no longer in Ontario so I don't use my english anymore. But I'm going to be with my Mazda3 cause my festiva got no engine/tranny/interior/wiring harness/rear axle/wheels/etc... during the winter for the BIG rebuilt.
      Don't worry my festiva doesn't have an engine/trans in it either :lol:

Since it was a really nice day today i spent a few hours on the car, i wanted to see if i could re-use my tranny mounts on the probe tranny and i only installed the rear mount and it works, i still need to try out the front mount but the slave cylinder will bolt in that area so i may have to make a new front mount. i wanted to basically test fit the tranny with the axles installed, see how the shifter linkage lined up, speedo cable etc. while i had it in the engine bay and here's pics

And a quick video of me turning the tranny over by hand (its a little dark though), and everything seems to be working the way it should

The speedo cable dropped in like it belongs there

The solid bar of the shifter linkage will need to be modified a little bit, but the other one works just fine

Once i took the tranny back out i decided to do some clean up, so first i pulled the B6T wiring harness out and any un-necessary brackets etc. then the crossmember (which had tons of crap built up on it) There's quite a few scratches in the engine bay from engines being pulled in and out over the years so i'll probably give it a quick paint job under the hood before i install the engie for the last time. i'm not quite done cleaning things up but i got a good start on it

Before

After

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• nice progress Chris...looking forward to the V6
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Thanks Willie, i'm looking forward for it too :lol: hopefully this week i'll be able to get the engine home (finally) for more test fitting

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Looking good. :thumbright:
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Nice!!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

• looking very nice... cant wait to see more!
                1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                1983 Chevy Elcamino
                1993 Ford Festiva GL
                2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

• Looking great man, your car is going to be truly unique when you done. Can't wait to hear it.

Comment

• Thanks guys, the encouragement is great to hear!!

Comment

• i dont what to see another post from you untill the v6 is in :evil4:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                        i dont what to see another post from you untill the v6 is in :evil4:
                        :evil4::evil4: well just for that i'm posting to say too dam bad you have to wait like i do :lol: i think the day i get the V6 home i'll be test fitting it in the engine bay :evil4:

Comment

• WHAT DID I JUST SAY!!! go in to that shop and dont come out till its done :p

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• :laughing3::laughing3: come on down and make me :evil4:

Comment

• :cussing: dang you got me...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                                :cussing: dang you got me...
                                :evil4::evil4: don't worry that V6 will be in the engine bay soon enough

Comment

Working...
                                X