No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey man, good luck with the build. I can the Sticky Already "Damkid's V6 Engine Swap"

Comment

• Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
      Hey man, good luck with the build. I can the Sticky Already "Damkid's V6 Engine Swap"
      :lol: that would be cool

Well i got the KLDE home today, its not pretty but its perfect for mock up plus it was free so i can't complain, and i have tomorrow off work to spend the day test fitting the engine!!I did some quick measuring and it looks like the engine is just barely going to be able to get in the engine bay, its going to be very tight but i'll make it work!!

So sasquatch, you'll get to see the pics of the engine in the engine bay tomorrow :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Uh..... Call me stupid, but is that RWD???
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
          Uh..... Call me stupid, but is that RWD???
          Nope, FWD, the engine is from a ford probe GT

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• this is history in the making....
            93 festiva aka "the sexy"
            04 blown GT stang
            99 wrangler (in the middle of a 5.2 swap)

Comment

• thats more like it NOW GET TO WORK!!!! :p

this is gonna be so cool... are you doing anything to the motor performance wise? im 99.99% sure that im gonna do a klze swap to my white festiva when i get the money... im gonna make a crazy all motor KL with ITB's, headers, cams and maby some rods and pistons... but this is way down the raod lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• good luck man cant wait till its all done and hear how it goes down the track
                the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                \/\_____________FORD
                FOREVER

Comment

• Dual Cherry Bombs!
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                    thats more like it NOW GET TO WORK!!!! :p

this is gonna be so cool... are you doing anything to the motor performance wise? im 99.99% sure that im gonna do a klze swap to my white festiva when i get the money... im gonna make a crazy all motor KL with ITB's, headers, cams and maby some rods and pistons... but this is way down the raod lol...
                    So far my only plans are to run the KLZE in stock form, work out the kinks etc. then next winter build it up, i'm thinkin if theres room, i want to turbo it, if not i'll see if i can supercharge it, and if not, ITB's all motor build :evil4:

Comment

• I hope your swap goes faster then mine, Im into year 3-4 on a 6 month planned swap. My adivce is dont get side tracked int to many "mods". Get the thing inplace and running and pick up another motor to build / mod while you enjoy the stock one. That was my down fall, to many changes during the build.
                      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

• I'm about to start a build too. Keep the updates coming.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          I'm about to start a build too. Keep the updates coming.
                          So, I gotta ask... you gonna do Lake Pipes w/the new build? heh heh...8-)

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                          In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                            I hope your swap goes faster then mine, Im into year 3-4 on a 6 month planned swap. My adivce is dont get side tracked int to many "mods". Get the thing inplace and running and pick up another motor to build / mod while you enjoy the stock one. That was my down fall, to many changes during the build.
                            I'm doin my best at not getting sidetracked, i already want to fill in every un-used hole in the engine bay for a cleaner look, but that will take a while to finish that, the mock-up engine i'm using will probably be the engine that'll get built up once the KLZE is in and running so i can enjoy the V6 come spring time :lol:

But anyway here's the update:

The first thing i had to do today was remove the intercooler to make as much room as possible so i started by taking the bumber off

Then the intercooler

Then i bolted the motor/tranny together

And started lowering them in and dam its tight

When i got to this point

I realized it wouldn't go in with the front exhaust manifold on

So off it came

And it was very tight going in

But here it is

The rear exhaust manifold is very close to the steering rack but it should be ok

I may need to notch the frame rail once all the accessories are on

I took the front valve cover off since it was hitting here, so that will need some clearancing for sure

And they fit nicely under hood

Comment

• That is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a long time.
                              Thanks
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                                The rear exhaust manifold is very close to the steering rack but it should be ok
                                I wonder if a set of headers would fix this problem. I installed a cheap set of ebay headers on mine and they do look alot nicer and they sound better.
                                The Festiva Store
                                Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X